Tour de France 2007 thread (3 Viewers)

He's as clean as Raphael Nadal.

Sure there is. Athletics is full of dope. And the IOC and FIFA are way more corrupt than the UCI. Also....

France World cup 98

Juventus in the 90's

Tennis (the stuff about nandrolone towards the end)

FIFA and WADA

Rugby well represented here

HGH much?
ChabelSPLIT_468x321.jpg

and then there's this quote purported to have come from fuentes (although maybe some question mark over validity due source)

“If I said what I know, goodbye to the World Cup and European Championship,” he is reported to have told his cellmate, a youth from the area who is frequently in and out of jail.

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/6...threatening-to-reveal-doping-in-football.aspx

That Phonak team were hooky as hell. Wasn't it just the year before that they had a Spanish rider (whose name I can't think of off-hand) who came out of nowhere to finish 4th in the Giro, only to be suspended a couple of months later.

And now the same heads are running the BMC team, which has me worried about Evans who I adore as a rider. Hes the gutsiest fucker out there, but being involved with Lelangue and those gangsters...... ain't good.

Edit: Gutierriez was that Phonak lad's name - just thought of it

speakin of the devil himself, Gutierrez coming out of retirement. Just what the sport needs, another unrepentant doper.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/gutierrez-comes-out-of-retirement

They were. Sure wasn't that the team Jesus Manzano was with before he turned whistle-blower. They were dodgy as hell, as was subsequently proved when most of their top riders fell foul of one dope test or other. Heras, Botero, Sevilla, 3 cases in point. Sevilla had a really good showing in (I think) his first TdeF, won the white jersey, and within a year was serving his first doping suspension. He signed with that oh-so-dodgy Rock Racing team (which was basically like a haven for dopers) along with Tyler Hamilton, Botero and even Mario Cippolini at one stage. Where is Sevilla now? With that very same team Botero and Gutierriez are with. Actually come to think of it, didn't Lance sign Sevilla at one stage? Can't be sure of that but I seem to recall he did.

Really bad crash in today's Giro stage. They're really fearing for one of the riders, Wouter Weylandt from Leopard Trek (the Schleck's new team). After 15 minutes he was still getting cardiac massage. Looks really bad for him. Poor lad.

wouter.jpg

come on Wouter. Pull through man

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

this is the descent they're all worried about for saturday's Giro stage. Looks pretty dangerous. Needless to say they'll all be a little more nervous than usual given what happened on stage 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

M Stevens & The Ghasts + Vega Storm
Wexford Street
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back