Touch&Go 25th Anniversary (2 Viewers)

brikelly

Website
www.geocities.com
Scratch Acid and the Didjits reforming with original members...what's not to like? Give Aer Fungus some cash now.

Touch And Go Records 25th Anniversary Block Party hosted by the Hideout on their 10th Anniversary

Founded in 1981 in Lansing, Michigan and Maumee, Ohio, Touch and Go soon found itself at the center of the Detroit punk scene of the early 80’s. Early records by the classic punk bands Negative Approach, The Meatmen, and the Necros quietly put Touch and Go and the growing Detroit hardcore scene into the national spotlight. It was an exciting time in Detroit, but by the mid 80’s, the bands were breaking up and it was time for a change. In 1986, the label settled in its current home: Chicago. Now in 2006, Touch and Go is commemorating 25 years of record making and 20 years in Chicago, and we're going to celebrate!

This summer, Touch and Go will be celebrating our 25th year with an all-out anniversary blowout in Chicago. The Touch and Go 25th Anniversary Block Party will be taking place in conjunction with The Hideout, whose 10th anniversary is this year. We're throwing a bash, and we're inviting a bunch of bands - past and present - from the T&G roster to help us celebrate. Here are a few of the 25 artists who will be performing at the anniversary party:

Calexico
CocoRosie
Didjits (all original members)
Enon
Ted Leo + Pharmacists
Pinback
Scratch Acid (all original members)
Shellac
The Black Heart Procession

There will be 25 bands performing over 2.5 days. The party is taking place on September 8, 9 and 10. All of the profits from the ticket sales will be donated to three Chicago organizations: Tuesday's Child, Literacy Works, and the Thomas Drummond Elementary School.

Check our website www.touchandgorecords.com frequently for updates on the line up and for news about ticket sales.

In honor of our 25 years, we're also reissuing some long-lost rarities mined from the depths of the T&G catalog. The first group to receive the reissue treatment is Blight, a short-lived hardcore noise band featuring Tesco Vee of The Meatmen. On March 21, we released Detroit: The Dream Is Dead - The Collected Works of a Midwest Hardcore Noise Band 1982. It contains the complete recordings of this explosive and enigmatic band. For the hardcore music fanatics, a reissue of the complete recordings of The Fix is in the works for 2006 as well.

In addition to this, we'll be unveiling midline pricing for a score of classic T&G titles. Get your fix of favorites from the likes of Girls vs. Boys to Urge Overkill and many more at reduced prices. It’s a great time to try out some Touch and Go bands you haven’t yet listened to or to replace those cd’s your roommate took when he moved out.

ooohh oooh oooh, this I want to go to.

oh to see scratch acid! and finally replace all those GVSB albums I have on TAPE.

kirstie said:
ooohh oooh oooh, this I want to go to.

oh to see scratch acid! and finally replace all those GVSB albums I have on TAPE.

oh man i'd fuckin love to see scratch acid.what a line-up,no less than you'd expect.it's all a bit of a tease really isn't it?

I think dudley had already posted about this?
Anyway,at least they are finally seeing sense and reissueing the FIX,with a bit of luck mybe they'll redo the Necros also. However,considering they've been idiots for this long keeping that stuff out of print,they'll only release it on cd when most people want it on vinyl.

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
However,considering they've been idiots for this long keeping that stuff out of print,they'll only release it on cd when most people want it on vinyl.

don't you mean 'when i want it on vinyl'?

going to try and convince the wan to go over to this. are you and the trouble heading to it brian?

swingkid said:
as great as scratch acid are, they are totally indebted to the birthday party...
still, i would love to see them...

it's all part of a linear progression jamie,simple evolution.scratch acid were a better breed

brikelly said:
Seriously thinking of it! I'm trying to recruit Donny as well.
So we got tickets and booked a hostel - we're going for sure.

BTW, if any of you liked the band "Big Black" (you may have heard of them!) then you may want to go as well. It's not on the official website yet, but according to Steve Albini, they're reforming to play a couple of songs.

Rest assured that when that's made official, the tix will sell out like mad. Maybe it'll be like the Pink Floyd reunion last year.

There's one more unnamed band to play at it, and I'm hoping it's the Jaysus Lizard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back