Top Ten Noughties Crust Records (1 Viewer)

Never checked them out, we played a gig with them in 2005 (I think) and they seemed like aimless screamo-grind to me back then so I never paid further attention. Downloading that LP you recommended right now, will report back...

tragedy, remains of the day, ekkaia, madame germen, severed head of state, from ashes rise, asebia, leadershit, panacea, artimus pyle, after the bombs, world burns to death, unkind, massmord, dimlaia, deathraid, shades of grey, burial, martyrdod, morne, antimaster, infame, agrimonia, protestant, warcry, skitsystem, consume.....etc. etc.

It's a top ten! And anyway pal, too much emo in there... :cool:

Consume and Warcry are good inclusions though...personally it'd have to be the first Warcry 7", or just the demo perhaps, and I'm not sure which Consume...maybe the collected 7"s and splits. At this stage I'm actually thinking that both Concrete & Steel and Silence would make it, but only the s/t Tragedy and not Vengeance...what d'yis think?

It's a top ten! And anyway pal, too much emo in there... :cool:

Consume and Warcry are good inclusions though...personally it'd have to be the first Warcry 7", or just the demo perhaps, and I'm not sure which Consume...maybe the collected 7"s and splits. At this stage I'm actually thinking that both Concrete & Steel and Silence would make it, but only the s/t Tragedy and not Vengeance...what d'yis think?

not enough emo pal:) and every tragedy record is amazing. warcry demo is definitely the best warcry record. WE JUST POOR AND DIRY PUNKS! WE JUST POOR AND DIRTY PUNKS!
too many good records for top ten!

Yr lists seem disproportionately Europe and American biased... Are they?

Good records have nothing to do with geography. Despite the fact that almost half of the original list I posted are Asian.

Anyway, it's incontrovertible that Scandinavia, Japan and the U.S. lead the pack in terms of crust, d-beat and raw punk.

Again, I like the first album, but after that it got a bit samey. I'm talking seriously fucking immortal albums here, not just good ones. Really fucking good ones. The likes of the debuts from Tragedy, Framtid, From Ashes Rise and Hellshock, the second one from Martyrdod...fuck!!! I almost forgot the second Abandon LP!! Too doom, or is it crust?

Actually, I totally forgot about the Atrocious Madness LP aswell. Not quite as good as the 7"s but still a fucking rager. Might sneak in there. I can't quite bring myself to put anything else neo-crust in beyond Tragedy and From Ashes Rise...everything else in that genre really is so seriously derivative of those two bands that it's second string. For me that is...it's all personal taste, eh?

No way. Respect The Armour.

Just listened to that album anyway...it's not bad but a long long way from top ten material. A long way from top hundred even. In fact, barely even registers as crust. Post-hardcore emoviolence neocrust. Is that Ralf Flowerviolence drumming? The best thing about downloading that album was finding this picture on the same blog:

dog-in-a-bun.jpg

Yum yum.

ROTD and Prod only have the one as far as i know but...

an underlying frequency
the hate the hollow
tonight is the end of your way

Protestant 'the hate the hollow' - .|..|

Army of Flying Robots lp
Ceremony - Ceremony
Tunguska/De Novissimis 7inch

probaby loads more...

Don't know if I could pick ten but these definitely get regular rotation on my record player...not exactly all crust either but great records none the less.

Dystopia - everything by them...not to mad on the newer album though

Jeniger - S/T

From Ashes Rise - Silence

Dropdead - First LP

Skitsystem - their second album

Tragedy - S/T and Vengenace

Artimus Pyle - Fucked from Birth

His Hero is Gone - Fifteen Counts of Arson

Destestation - S/T

Totalitar - Ni Maste Bort!

Damad - their song from the Damad/Meatjack split and the Burning Cold

Wait a minute...I just realised the thread title. Fukkin noughties!! Ah well, these bands are as near to Crust music as I get. As with most if not all genres, it can all get a little too generic. Fukk it, I'm just making a "My Favourite..." list now.

Dystopia - everything by them...not to mad on the newer album though

Jeniger - S/T

From Ashes Rise - Silence

Dropdead - First LP

Skitsystem - their second album

Tragedy - S/T and Vengenace

Artimus Pyle - Fucked from Birth

His Hero is Gone - Fifteen Counts of Arson

Destestation - S/T

Totalitar - Ni Maste Bort!

Damad - their song from the Damad/Meatjack split and the Burning Cold

Wait a minute...I just realised the thread title. Fukkin noughties!! Ah well, these bands are as near to Crust music as I get. As with most if not all genres, it can all get a little too generic. Fukk it, I'm just making a "My Favourite..." list now.

Fuckin bang on, though I wouldn't quite put Damad, Artimus Pyle and Jeniger with the Creme de la Cruste, and I'd have to go Monuments over 15 Counts...but unfortunately at least half of those are '90s. Which really were better for real crust. Nowadays its all neo shit, with the odd notable exception, all of which struggle to knock the stuff on that list off the top...fucking Totalitar, yesss! First Dropead LP, YESSS!! DYSTOPIA YUUUSSSSS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back