Top Ten Noughties Crust Records (1 Viewer)

Corm

Website
www.myspace.com
What are the top ten crust records of the noughties? Off the top of my head it'll include the likes of:

From Ashes Rise
Tragedy.
Hellshock.
World Burns To Death.
Framtid.
Effigy.
Disclose.
Martyrdod.

Opinions?

Ümlaut & Dystopia maybe? I could have sworn Catharsis's Passion was released in the 00's but it was 99. But the best two have to be From Ashes Rise & Tragedy without a doubt.

Uh huh, I had Dystopia in there at first but also The Aftermath collection was 1999 and I don't think the new one is top ten material by a long shot. Catharsis, same goes, if it had been later it'd be a strong contender but it was 1999 also. Umlaut, no way.

ROTD and Prod only have the one as far as i know but...

an underlying frequency
the hate the hollow
tonight is the end of your way

nah remains of the day have two the second one isn't as good as the first..but when i left it a while and went back to it not just comparing it to the first it was better.

I got the tape of the second and only gave it a few listens, was very disappointed. Might have to give it another go. The first is very decent alright though. I think that album represents the line between emo and crust...anything beyond it, too soft.

Tough to pick my ten favourite but it would definitely include most of these

Tragedy - S/T and Vengeance
From Ashes Rise - Concrete and Steel
Martyrdod - In Extremis
Artimus Pyle - Fucked From Birth
Disfear - Misanthropic Generation
Skitsystem - Stigmata
Victims - ..In Blood
Accursed - Tunneln I Ljusets Slut
Desolation - S/T

Daaamn Accursed is a notable inclusion there, I'll have to go back and give that a listen again...Livet Er Den Langestens Vej Til Helvete, yeah?

Dunno about Disfear and I never listened to the Desolation LP, just the EP. Still thinking about the likes of Stormcrow, After The Bombs and Guided Cradle...

Daaamn Accursed is a notable inclusion there, I'll have to go back and give that a listen again...Livet Er Den Langestens Vej Til Helvete, yeah?

Dunno about Disfear and I never listened to the Desolation LP, just the EP. Still thinking about the likes of Stormcrow, After The Bombs and Guided Cradle...

I didnt know Acursed had a second album, I only have the first album on Prank records..Just downloaded the second album Livet Er Den....sounds deadly, thanks for mentioning it Corm! The Desolation album is worth giving a listen, has some great riffing going on and a great production by Dan Rathbun. And good call on Stormcrow, must give Enslaved In Darkness another listen.

Trying to find a download of that Desolation LP, no sign...anyone who has a link, let us know.

Also, can't believe I forgot Skitkids! :eek:

Eh, maybe revealing a bit of latent patriotism, but Dagda, no?

Jeniger would have to be mentioned as well or does that count as downtuned hardcore. :p

Accursed - Livet ar den langsta vagen til helvetet ... great record.

Not sure they're better than some of the other ones mentioned here but still have a soft spot for Asebia.

TBH I think the production on the first Dagda LP drags it down from what it could have been. Musically, yes, but that fucking kick-drum echo and the compressed sound strips the fury from it and I can't say that it would sound as good at all had I not seen & heard the songs a dozen times in concert.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back