Tooth thingamys (1 Viewer)

Cara

Has anyone ever had an dental abscess? What did you have done to fix it? Doid it make you want to rip of the lower half of your face? Am I just sensitive?

Cara dude get it seen to ASAP. You'll probably need root canal. You can get root canal done by your dentist, or for a little more money, get it done by an endodontist (my dentist, who is a lovely awesome winner of a man, refuses to do root canal and recommends a woman on Leeson st. I can give you her number if you need it.

You're not sensitive, it's the most painful thing I've ever gone through. Made me want to take heroin and chop my own head off.

I was at the dentist today alright, they gave me some anitbiotics and told me to call them again when I had finished them. I actually nearly tried to pull the tooth myself at the weekend. I'm in England at the moment and I got this emergency appointment today through the Prinary Care Trust, or some such, thinking 'Finally, I'll be able to eat and sleep again', but no, yer woman just prods it and says take some pills. Grr.

Yeah they won't do anything with it if there's a serious infection there. That being said, I just got one of the evil fuckers out last Monday so I don't have to deal with any more fuckin abscesses. I had to take a triple dose of anti-biotics for abscesses at christmas....

Are you taking painkillers? What/How? Taking Nurofen plus and Solpadeine every three hours (e.g. nurofen plus at 9, solpadeine at 12 nurofen plus at 12) tends to work for me.

Really, you have my deepest sympathy. I hope your anti-biotic kicks in really soon.

I'm taking Solpadeine, and loving the fact that it still has codeine in it in this country! Thanks for the smpathy :eek:

Weird question but what did you eat? because everything I've tried I've had to give up because it hurt too much to chew, even porridge was a struggle.

how do you know if you've an abscess? My teeth and gums are pretty strange as of late, but I have an exceptionally high tolerance for pain. It could be killing yer average joe.

I have a freakishly high pain threshold, my appendix had burst and I just had a slight pain in my side like, but this is killing me. One side of my neck, just under where the effected tooth is, is all swollen and tender, and the area immediately around the tooth is really sore

Really? That sounds like it sucks.
My appendix burst, and I never went to the doctor. They only told me about it two years later when I had my bowel out.
Hope you're feeling better.

Yeah, well I lost both my legs and only realised it when all my jeans seemed longer than usual.... so there! :p

Weird question but what did you eat? because everything I've tried I've had to give up because it hurt too much to chew, even porridge was a struggle.

I can't remember. There's very little in life that'll prevent me from eating though. I don't really remember ever not eating because of pain/health/etc. I know it's obvious, but if porridge is bad then maybe you should think about smoothies and soups (taking care about temperatures and shit of course...

good god the pain from an abscess is a soaring agony like no other.

i'm getting two root canals this saturday so it never happens again. get it sorted!

You'd think getting root canals would sort it wouldn't you? Well, I've just gotten one molar out, and am getting two of my front teeth out because the root canals keep getting infected and driving me crazy with pain and anti-biotics. My teeth are fucked though. My life is good so it's a small problem, but they are exceptionally crap and useless, so don't let my stories scare.

If it was me, I'd be tempted to stick a needle in it.

But... but... it's in your jaw. Ow. ow ow ow.

oh jesus. I don't know why, but I got one last year and I ended up doing just that. logic = out the window. it helped though.

dentists are weird. I live next door to one, so I called in to have a look see and maybe avail of some professional assistance.. every question I asked him directly he answered back directly... to his assistant mary. odd. he had a photo of a pine martin on his wall so I asked him about it; he went into great detail explaining to mary all about the picture, and pine martins in general. he said "mary" a lot while talking to her. he seemed completely unable to communicate in any way that didnt involve mary as his conduit. I made an appointment for the end of the week and never came back.

but.. you should probably see a dentist. I'm sure normal dentists exist somewhere!

I have been up all night with the pain of this cunting tooth, I've been to the hospital this morning and they can do nothing and the bastard dentists dont answer their bastard phones until nine. I want to go home and let my mam look after me while I cry like a baby :(

This works-I've done it a couple of times, the pain is pretty bad but not as bad as an abscess, then keep gargling with the hottest, saltiest water you can bear, it's a lot better than waiting on a dentist. A bit medieval but desperate hours require desperate measures. Good luck.

I also favour the extraction over root canal option, I don't know anyone who has got a RC that doesn't have regular problems with them.
Thank fuck I haven't been to the dentist in 4 years-would love to have them all extracted and get a full gob of David Bowie type glossy gnashers, never ceases to amaze me how fuckers earning a relative fortune still walk aound with a gob full of rotting stumps e.g Charlie mcCreevy, Gerry Ryan etc

I am back from the dentist and without a tooth. Will this be sore when the anaesthetic and the co-codamol I'm off my tits on wears off?

I am back from the dentist and without a tooth. Will this be sore when the anaesthetic and the co-codamol I'm off my tits on wears off?

It'll probably hurt a good bit alright. Just take some more painkillers.

There's the fun times ahead poking at it with your tongue though so keep your chin up. :p

When can I start tonguing it? That's not one of the things in the after care booklet he gave me! It's so disgusting looking, I can't stop staring at it in the mirror

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back