TOMORROW NIGHT (WED DEC 8) SILVER MOUNT ZION + LITTLE WINGS (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 33
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 1

u:m

U:MACK
Present
THE SILVER MOUNT ZION ORCHESTRA
(Featuring members of godspeed you black emperor!)
+ LITTLE WINGS
WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 8
DOORS 9pm
TEMPLE BAR MUSIC CENTRE
TICKETS E 14 FROM ROAD, CITY DISCS AND WWW.TICKETS.IE

hey,
we got silver mount zion and little wings in the music centre on tomorrow night wednesday dec 8. Mount zion are doing a new thing with a choir, should be awesome.. last u:mack gig of the year..
info below,
happy christmas
u:mack

Silver Mt. Zion is a group led by founding godspeed you black emperor! guitarist Efrim, together with other godspeed members Sophie and Thierry.
To some extent, Mt. Zion was born out of a desire on the part of the godspeed players to work in a smaller musical ensemble; in effect, to escape some of the constraints that often accompany writing and arranging music democratically with nine musicians. As well, Efrim simply wanted a vehicle to realise some of his own musical ideas that would not necessarily work well within the context of godspeed.

A Silver Mt. Zion had their live debut at Musique Fragile on March 6, 1999.

For the band's second and third records, the line-up expanded to six players, including Becky, Ian, and Jessica, and the band re-named as The Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra and Tra-la-la Band.

Little Wings (K Records)
If the world is about to "rediscover the beauty of songwriting" we should not miss out one of the most talented and interesting musicans of these days. Here we go: Kyle Field aka Little Wings.

Kyle Field is a wandering musician who has collected different people over the years to record and put together his menagerie of Music. Many of his Songs flip-flop back and forth between old school country wing and atmospheric electronic, low-fi slow songs. The combination works to its best effect lounging in your room in the waning hours of the afternoon.

lotta singin! not what i was expecting at all... had some totally *amazing* bits but some stuff i couldn't get into at all..

missed this as my ho was leaving to go to prague, was it everything i expect it was andy?

They were very very good.. but they did have bits were I was staring at the ground thinking... c'mon c'mon c'mon do something.

And as for Little Wings, jesus christ that was horrible. Nice beard though.

tim said:
Oh Aonghus.
You truly missed out.
They were stupendous.
it was a choice between that and sunn o))) for me.id pick sunn over post rock anyday,its so late 90s.......
you missed sunn.... now that was better than yr life

rotten tropics said:
it was a choice between that and sunn o))) for me.id pick sunn over post rock anyday,its so late 90s.......
you missed sunn.... now that was better than yr life
well,i hate to brag and all,but having seen both id have to say silver mt zion were somewhere in the region of better than sunn.

little wings were total yawn though.

Yr right Ed, even though you weren't at both gigs..
Sunn was definitely better than SMZ. It was good to get to see them but only cos I got in for free. Plus it was full of tossers in trendy velvet coats. Ugh!

ASMZ was riddled with elderly trendies alright.
Them and their velvet coats. Will they ever change?

I think people are being a bit harsh about the old seacaptain little wings.
His stuff sounds just like Bonnie Prince Billys and maybe that kind of thing is just not good for a gig enviroment and better for when you are home alone.

Speaking of which, I sure hope HOME ALONE is on the coming few weeks.

talking about MY GIRL......MY GIRL

Better yet

My GIRL 2:revenge of the beehive throwing ex boyfriend

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back