TOMORROW NIGHT (WED DEC 8) SILVER MOUNT ZION & LITTLE WINGS (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 26
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 2

u:m

hey, just a reminder of the last u:mack gig this year..

U:MACK
Present
THE SILVER MOUNT ZION ORCHESTRA
(Featuring members of godspeed you black emperor!)
+ LITTLE WINGS
WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 8
DOORS 9pm
TEMPLE BAR MUSIC CENTRE
TICKETS E 14 FROM ROAD, CITY DISCS AND WWW.TICKETS.IE
hey,
we got silver mount zion and little wings in the music centre on tomorrow night wednesday dec 8. Mount zion are doing a new thing with a choir, should be awesome.. last u:mack gig of the year..
info below,
happy christmas
u:mack

Silver Mt. Zion is a group led by founding godspeed you black emperor! guitarist Efrim, together with other godspeed members Sophie and Thierry.
To some extent, Mt. Zion was born out of a desire on the part of the godspeed players to work in a smaller musical ensemble; in effect, to escape some of the constraints that often accompany writing and arranging music democratically with nine musicians. As well, Efrim simply wanted a vehicle to realise some of his own musical ideas that would not necessarily work well within the context of godspeed.

A Silver Mt. Zion had their live debut at Musique Fragile on March 6, 1999.

For the band's second and third records, the line-up expanded to six players, including Becky, Ian, and Jessica, and the band re-named as The Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra and Tra-la-la Band.

Little Wings (K Records)
If the world is about to "rediscover the beauty of songwriting" we should not miss out one of the most talented and interesting musicans of these days. Here we go: Kyle Field aka Little Wings.

Kyle Field is a wandering musician who has collected different people over the years to record and put together his menagerie of Music. Many of his Songs flip-flop back and forth between old school country wing and atmospheric electronic, low-fi slow songs. The combination works to its best effect lounging in your room in the waning hours of the afternoon.

i've never heard silver mount zion but little wings played over here last night and the message boards have been on fire with people writing about how amazing they are... people are saying they're the best thing ever!

hag said:
i've never heard silver mount zion but little wings played over here last night and the message boards have been on fire with people writing about how amazing they are... people are saying they're the best thing ever!
thanks for that
i was just saying to my friend not to bother getting in early for the support but maybe i will now
sounds interesting

Fucking Cunt said:
thanks for that
i was just saying to my friend not to bother getting in early for the support but maybe i will now
sounds interesting
i trust the people (well, the ones i know) who were saying nice things too... if i was in dublin, i'd get there early.

Fucking Cunt said:
thanks for that
sounds interesting
yea,i've heard similar reports so don't miss them.they're on K for God;s sakes.i can't go to this though, coz i'm amazingly broke and it's pissing me off unbelievably.

Fucking Cunt said:
thanks for that
sounds interesting

tickets definitley on the door.

I aint heard little wings, but there does seem to be a big fuss going on about how good they are.

theres some downloadable little wings music on k reocrds site:
http://www.kpunk.com/Audio_Video/index.html

swingkid said:
will oldham played some stuff with little wings at atp... mike watt too...
did you go to ATP?
how was mike watt/ hurley thing?

Ed said:
Roughly what time will this gig be over?
it might run a bit later than usual. the doors aren't till nine, cos its gonna take them a while to set up all their gear

u:m said:
it might run a bit later than usual. the doors aren't till nine, cos its gonna take them a while to set up all their gear

curfew in music centre is 12.30 for tonights gig, might end a little before that though

It really was pretty fucking amazing.
They played the closing song of "born into troubles..." which made me really happy. The first encore song with the really minimalist instrumentation and lotsa vocals really blew me away.

My body was sort of trembling in excitment most of the time during the gig.
The new stuff was good but very similiar to their old stuff and other constellation music.

Little Wings did a very warm performance and had a friendly sea captain thing going on. Musically and vocally I thought he was a lot like Will Oldham, which isnt a bad thing. Good stuff all round.

Great audience. Everyone shut the hell up at the quiet parts, unlike at Fly Pan Am. ROCK!!!

absolutely brilliant
didn't think much of little wings
asmz were just great
that song in the first encore with all of them singing at the start was so cool
anyone know the first song? it was a fantastic opener

jp said:
absolutely brilliant
didn't think much of little wings
asmz were just great
that song in the first encore with all of them singing at the start was so cool
anyone know the first song? it was a fantastic opener
i'm so fuckin jealous:mad:

The majority of what they played was new and will be on a new LP thats coming out in spring.

They played 3 or 4 old songs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back