Tom Waits for Leonard Cohen (1 Viewer)

hag said:
they sound pretty good if you ask me.
yeah, i thought it sounded deadly when i first heard about it too. then i thought it was just gonna be cool fuckers chatting about nothing, just being cool and could end up fairly lame. then i remembered that it's jim jarmusch, tom waits, iggy, steve buscemi, etc and they'd have to work fairly hard to do anything lame! but yeah, they're fairly cool alright.

lmd64 said:
RZA and GZA in conversation with Bill Murray
that does sound deadly.

i have the divx of the first three too if anyone wants a copy.

lmd64 said:
it's Tom Waits and Iggy Pop in conversation. and RZA and GZA in conversation with Bill Murray (funniest part of the movie). and Cate Blanchett in conversation with her cousin (2nd funniest part of the movie). and Jack White showing Weg White his huge big Tesla Coil (3rd funniest part). overall it's pretty ok.

i have the divx, if anyone wants a copy

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BAN THIS FILTH NOW
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i do....

I do too!
What's divx?

Saw the Tom and Iggy one at the Dublin Film festival years ago ... it was on just before Short Cuts, so whenever that was ... anyway I liked it, Iggy's performance was not what I expected, I thought he'd be real cool-like, be he came across as a big surprised lizard

egg_ said:
I do too!
What's divx?

Saw the Tom and Iggy one at the Dublin Film festival years ago ... it was on just before Short Cuts, so whenever that was ... anyway I liked it, Iggy's performance was not what I expected, I thought he'd be real cool-like, be he came across as a big surprised lizard
www.doom9.org/divx-encoding.htm

basically its an encryption format that allows you to squash things down rrreeeeeeeeaaallll tiny. Knida like what mp3 is to cd audio, Divx is to DVD video.

ddmurph said:
then i remembered that it's jim jarmusch, tom waits, iggy, steve buscemi, etc and they'd have to work fairly hard to do anything lame!
actually scrap iggy from that list. if anyone's entitled to a bit of lameness though it's iggy.

egg_ said:
I do too!
What's divx?

if yis are at the hoot on sahurday, i'll try to remember to have one or two buyrnt, and the codec as well. and mplayer, yep, great media player, much better than winblowfuck media player or fake mediaplayer or the slowtime player, as it supports purdy much all codecs a boy could ever want.

and yep he really does look like a big surprised lizard. like a vegetarian velociraptor-type

Unclealo said:
Did Jim Jarmooooosh do Down by Law? A TERRIBLE movie! :mad:
oh my god. how can you say that? the difference between daemien frost and the HGF is an appreciation for down by law. can i use that?

egg_ said:
I thought it was deadly
I'm chuckling away like mad thinking of Roberto Begnini (or whatever his name is) in it, especially when he first enters the jail cell
he tours italy reading passages from dante books. can you imagine? he has such an amazingly expressive face, it's deadly.

"I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice-cream"

Yay!

The pimp guy in it is a dick.
And Ellen Barkin at the start of the film got me barkin'!

Larry Potter said:
The pimp guy in it is a dick.
Which? John Lurie? Or the other guy that sets John Lurie up?
I got a DVD of "Fishing with John".. it's so badass - John Lurie goes fishing with a bunch of celebrities. He goes fishing for shark with Jim Jarmusch. Himself and Tom Waits go fishing in the Caribbean. Tom Waits shoves a fish down his pants.

THRILLHO said:
Which? John Lurie? Or the other guy that sets John Lurie up?
I got a DVD of "Fishing with John".. it's so badass - John Lurie goes fishing with a bunch of celebrities. He goes fishing for shark with Jim Jarmusch. Himself and Tom Waits go fishing in the Caribbean. Tom Waits shoves a fish down his pants.
I didn't know that. You learn something new every day!

Okay... so he is cool

"Serious as cancer" was said a lot in Down By Law. Which proves that Snap, the rap-pop-rhythm act from the early 90's, were actually really deep as they saw this film and were inspired by it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back