Tolerance for the mundane (2 Viewers)

being married to a veggie, the only chance i get to ingest flesh on a day to day basis is in my sambos.

You and Willy are in the same boat, I remember when we were first going out he used to order something veggie when we were eating out, so we could share. Awwwww. Now he orders half a freshly-slaughtered herd of cows.

I never feel full enough if I have a sandwich for lunch, I think it's psychological. I'm sure I've posted these ideas here before, but since they took away our microwaves in work (don't ask) my lunch is usually a salad based on:

quinoa
bulgur wheat
buckwheat
rice
pasta
potatoes

... with any combination of the following:
olives
peppers
cherry tomatoes
spinach
grated carrot
spring onion
sweetcorn
peas
peppers
feta cheese
halloumi
smoked tofu
quorn "chicken"
quorn/ soya "bacon"
pine nuts
walnuts

... dressed in either vinaigrette or soy sauce.

This week for two of the days i had mixed beans, cooked with garlic and onion and a tin of tomatoes. Fooct it into a lunch box and had it on wholemeal pittas. The change is starting, thank you all.
Mind you when i go to Dunnes i can see the cherry tomatoes looking at me with hate in their eyes.

Sprouted seeds are what liven up my (mock) cheese sandwiches. They're lovely and easy and cheap to grow and they're supposed to be the most nutritious thing evar. I usually have a mix of mung beans and alfalfa. Yum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back