Tolerance for the mundane (1 Viewer)

Man In A Can

For the last 3 years i have been making my lunch and bringing it to work, basically coz work moved to town and buying lunch is too pricey.
So its been wholegrain bread, cheese and cherry tomatoes (which i chop in work and apply, to avoid soggy bread) for the last 3 years, except for the odd day when i`m too hungover to make lunch and get a sandwich in Simons Place.
Today was the first time i have woken up and while making my sandwiches i thought "Not cheese and tomatoes again".
Anyone any ideas for nice, easy to make, readily accesible ingredients veggie sandwiches?????

p.s i hate cucumbers

Smoked tofu (nice really firm kind with nuts and seeds you can buy in wicklow st. or healthy food shop on georges st), lettuce mayo, yellow pepper, scallion.

Fried halloumi, if you have time, only takes a couple of mins, you don't need oil, just lob it on a pan, then nice bread, mayo, chives, and whatever else. yum.

Why a sandwich?

I normally have:
Puy Lentils in a Vinigerette
White Bean Soup
Mixed Bean Curry
Bak Choi of some description
Risotto

Today I'm having spinach with balsamic and some parmisean

It generally takes me about 10 mins after dinner to knock the next days lunch together. The only hassle is remembering to put beans on to steep which is no hassle at all once you get in the habit.

If you have access to a microwave you've a whole world of soups, stews and pasta options. Make for dinner, leftovers for lunch, or do a big batch at the weekend and freeze.

I have meandered into the world of making hot lunches, either from leftovers or soup of some sort. It never really stuck like the sandwiches.

different flavour hunky dorys.

I got through 4 years of college on cheese sandwiches every day. The application of cheese'n'onion one day, salt'n'vinegar the next, and not deciding on the day following that until the day itself, kept it exciting throughout.

different flavour hunky dorys.

I got through 4 years of college on cheese sandwiches every day. The application of cheese'n'onion one day, salt'n'vinegar the next, and not deciding on the day following that until the day itself, kept it exciting throughout.

Ha ha i have King cheese and onion every day also:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back