Toilet Reading (1 Viewer)

guy of the tiger

Have "u2 by u2" up there at the moment. It's actually encouraging me to listen to some U2 songs out of curisoty. Bono is full of crap, so it's quite an apt location for the book.
We also have the current edition of Popular Science magazine in there too. Nice short articles for those shorter episodes.

What do yissers read when letting the bats out of the cave?

the brother came back from the city with this book very proud of himself.
Its been in the jacks since.

41qpckchopl.jpg

The Economist.Very interesting bite size nuggets.
Rogers Profanasaurus '07.Must actually take that out of there.Its been well thumbed at this stage.

My girlfriend has the latest copy of Glamour magazine in there. I'm learning how to give better orgasms.

The Economist.Very interesting bite size nuggets.
Rogers Profanasaurus '07.Must actually take that out of there.Its been well thumbed at this stage.

Snap on both counts.
Although my Roger book is Profanasaurus Rex.

dusty_springfield_dusty_in_memph_BOOK.jpg

I've a few off these on the bathroom cabinet, Exile On Main Street, Airplane Over The Sea, great for leafing through and a nice managable size too

I agree.
A little too nerdy, but that is the nature of the thing, I suppose.
Absorbant though.

I agree.
A little too nerdy, but that is the nature of the thing, I suppose.

wow, that's heavy criticsm coming from you

:)

some of them are awful, the MBV one keeps descending into how much drugs the author did in 1991, the Exile one drags through the authors youth... Airplane over the sea is the best one, but even that has some glaring factual inaccuracies... whinge whinge whinge... but if you're going to write the definitive geek-out on a record you want to have your nerd facts well in place

wow, that's heavy criticsm coming from you

:)

some of them are awful, the MBV one keeps descending into how much drugs the author did in 1991, the Exile one drags through the authors youth... Airplane over the sea is the best one, but even that has some glaring factual inaccuracies... whinge whinge whinge... but if you're going to write the definitive geek-out on a record you want to have your nerd facts well in place

By far the worst one of those that I've read, in fact possibly the worst book I've ever read is the 33 1/3 on OK Computer. It's barely about the band or the album, he's just shiteing on about the length of songs and the percentage of them that are in a particular key signature. They're so short though that I'd feel as though I'd be leaving myself down if I didn't manage to finish it despite it's shitness so I read it all in one go. It probably helped that I was on a flight when I did it so had very few other options.

It did tell me why audio CD's are the length that they are though, apparently it's to do with the duration of many lengthy classical compositions. CD's were designed to be able to fit most of them onto one disc.

i've read the backs of both of these many times over

img-0000052095.jpg

Ecover Floor Cleaner has a fresh perfume from plant based ingredients. It cleans floors effectively and quickly and is excellent natural floor care with protection against staining. It also leaves no residue of unnecessary chemicals. Can only be used on un-treated natural flooring such as marble, concrete or linoleum - not to be used on varnished, sealed, waxed, or polished flooring. Not suitable for laminate.

Packaging materials
Bottle and labels are made of polyethylene; cap of polypropylene. Polyethylene and polypropylene are 100 % recyclable and can be recycled together using a low energy process.

Complete ingredients list
The list below displays ingredients in descending order, with those present in highest quantities first.
Linseed oil
Perfume
Limonene
Nitromethylidynetrimethanol
2-bromo-2-nitropropane-1,3-diol
Citral
Geraniol

Environmental Benefits:
· All ingredients fully biodegradable (not just the detergent, which is the only bit legally required to biodegrade)
· against animal testing
· suitable for septic tanks
s302p18182-1.jpg

This 1 litre bottle is designed to be decanted into the Ecover Liquid Hand Soap 250ml bottle (please see code 18181).

Ecover Liquid Hand Soap is kind to your skin and has a naturally fresh scent.

Benefits of using Ecover Liquid Hand Soap

Personal Benefits:

- Naturally refreshing – with gentle lavender scent;
- Suitable for sensitive skin;
- Contains aloe vera and is pH neutral;
- Not based on petrochemical ingredients.

Environmental Benefits:

- Optimum level of biodegradability (OECD-test 301F, full product);
- Minimum impact on aquatic life (OECD-test 201 & 202, full product); Against animal testing;
- Suitable for septic tanks.

Packaging material

Bottle and labels are made of polyethylene; pump of polypropylene. Polyethylene and polypropylene are 100% recyclable and can be recycled together using a low energy process.

i've read the backs of both of these many times over

img-0000052095.jpg

Ecover Floor Cleaner has a fresh perfume from plant based ingredients. It cleans floors effectively and quickly and is excellent natural floor care with protection against staining. It also leaves no residue of unnecessary chemicals. Can only be used on un-treated natural flooring such as marble, concrete or linoleum - not to be used on varnished, sealed, waxed, or polished flooring. Not suitable for laminate.

Packaging materials
Bottle and labels are made of polyethylene; cap of polypropylene. Polyethylene and polypropylene are 100 % recyclable and can be recycled together using a low energy process.

Complete ingredients list
The list below displays ingredients in descending order, with those present in highest quantities first.
Linseed oil
Perfume
Limonene
Nitromethylidynetrimethanol
2-bromo-2-nitropropane-1,3-diol
Citral
Geraniol

Environmental Benefits:
· All ingredients fully biodegradable (not just the detergent, which is the only bit legally required to biodegrade)
· against animal testing
· suitable for septic tanks
s302p18182-1.jpg

This 1 litre bottle is designed to be decanted into the Ecover Liquid Hand Soap 250ml bottle (please see code 18181).

Ecover Liquid Hand Soap is kind to your skin and has a naturally fresh scent.

Benefits of using Ecover Liquid Hand Soap

Personal Benefits:

- Naturally refreshing – with gentle lavender scent;
- Suitable for sensitive skin;
- Contains aloe vera and is pH neutral;
- Not based on petrochemical ingredients.

Environmental Benefits:

- Optimum level of biodegradability (OECD-test 301F, full product);
- Minimum impact on aquatic life (OECD-test 201 & 202, full product); Against animal testing;
- Suitable for septic tanks.

Packaging material

Bottle and labels are made of polyethylene; pump of polypropylene. Polyethylene and polypropylene are 100% recyclable and can be recycled together using a low energy process.

Read.
Poo.
Repeat.

Any of those 101 films/books/records to see/read/hear before you die books are perfect toilet fodder although may lead to exaggerated dumping times and quizzical looks from flat mates or girlfriends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back