TO LEARN gig 13/11/02- The Temple (1 Viewer)

unabomber

Website
Visit site
Date: Wednesday, 13th of November 2002

Venue: The Temple Inn, Dorset St, D1.

Time: 9pm

Adm: 6 euro

Bands: To Learn (France), Rest (Cork) & Scientific Bong (Dublin)

TO LEARN are excellent & it would be s h i t to miss them. Put it this way my Ma is coming to the gig. If anyone wants me to record it for them (contact me below), Jamie (hopefully) will play it in the record over the next few days.

...and YES, i should have posted this sooner, but my life was falling apart...

~if anyone wants to help, email me: [email protected] or ring me:086 8810048.

I only put under the heading of GZ, i 'cause i'm too stupid to come up with something new.

Una

i heard the to learn cd and (i wouldnt say this if it didn't mean it) it does rock the fuck. sounds like a cross between some kind of dynamic screamy shit mixed with energetic old-school hardcore. i've never seen a bad band from france in this country either, so miss it at your peril.

TO LEARN "no war without tears"

poison.free.com
Metallic hc from France on this record here, quite hectic, with a half-distorted voice and a mighty production. All this comes along quite brutal, especially when these guys get fast, and there are also so surprisingly good included harmonies (end of song 1 or song 4). All the members know how to play their instruments really well, and I like the singer... If you dig the metallic, technical metal hardcore played by some good musicians you should try this one.

SEMTEX #5
This is good stuff. hard hitting metallic hardcore, a little chaotic, here and there quite technically but always entertaining with some cool studio effects. First bands that comes in mind is Botch, even some Drowning Man but less extrem. The good thing about this band is that it never actually gets boring because of the good songs structures mixing up classic hardcore music with spastic pieces and screamy emotional riffing.... trust me it's ccol, one of the good think to come out of france.

check out http://lehuby.olivier.free.fr/bands/bands_tolearn.htm#, you can download an mp3 from there too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back