Tip of my Tongue. I need a word for... (1 Viewer)

Buzzo

Website
www.iprt.ie
Small but significant... I need to describe a small but significant body of literature. I KNOW there's a word for it. Can anyone help please?

I'll probably be doing this a lot from now on. Thesaurus' just aren't cutting it at the moment. Neither is my brain. Thanks.

you could probably get away with 'seminal'

I'd work around it and disucss the 'emerging area of research'....

have you decided it is 'significant'?

you could probably get away with 'seminal'

I'd work around it and disucss the 'emerging area of research'....

have you decided it is 'significant'?

BOOOOM

Thanks Si. I haven't decided that it's significant, but criminology in Ireland is a very small field and I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings so I thought I'd better say it's significant. The body of literature is only a ten year old medical survey and a couple of PhD's to be honest. I think 'emerging area of research' is spot on.

All y'others- fanks anyway. Specially Kirstie. I nearly would say boutique, because it's about lasses, but I don't think I'd get away with it. A beautiful boutique (or maybe bouquet) of research relating to female imprisonment in Ireland.

Baloobey is an anagram of "La Booby e" &, as we all know, that means "That's Booby Day" as Gaeilge.

Bedtime?
Yes, I think so.

I just finished writing up a participant consent form and a participant information sheet.

I HATE formalities.

can I read your proposal sometimetime?

after it's been approved.

I just finished writing up a participant consent form and a participant information sheet.

I HATE formalities.

can I read your proposal sometimetime?

after it's been approved.

I put quite a lot of energy into the consent issue for mine- poor people are always getting asked to participate in research and they consent without actually having a clue what they're doing, who they're giving the information to and why, and rarely do they see the end result. NOT A FORMALITY!

I'd be honnerrrt if you read it. I'll send it to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back