Tiny Cities (1 Viewer)

i really like it. its taken me a few days of listening but i really like it now. grey ice water and truckers atlas are deadly!
ive really only heard 3 or 4 modest mouse songs so maybe thats unclouded my perception of it...

I just think it's remarkably woolly in terms of the sound and some of the arrangements (even the front cover ...)
Also a big step backwards in the handling of his voice (back to the bad old days of reverb overload)

Am digging 'Ocean breathes salty' and 'Space travel is boring'

Wasn't over-joyed by this as a whole, but in saying that, don't know what I was expecting either.

However I think the following are smashin covers:

Tiny Cities Made of Ashes
Truckers Atlas*******especially

Big fan of 'Dramamine' but don't like his cover all that much.

Still going to see him in Whelan's and looking forward to it.|..|

tripoli said:
Wasn't over-joyed by this as a whole, but in saying that, don't know what I was expecting either.

However I think the following are smashin covers:

Tiny Cities Made of Ashes
Truckers Atlas*******especially

Big fan of 'Dramamine' but don't like his cover all that much.

Still going to see him in Whelan's and looking forward to it.|..|
i really like the tiny cities made of ashes cover - i'm only half familiar with most of these songs....but its nice enough. interesting at least.

superman said:
i really like it. its taken me a few days of listening but i really like it now. grey ice water and truckers atlas are deadly!
ive really only heard 3 or 4 modest mouse songs so maybe thats unclouded my perception of it...

yeah its deadly - but then again what has the koz ever covered that wasn't transformed into something lovely:)

I think it's weally weally good, although I had never heard any Modest Mouse. It's a bit short though. That would be my one objection.

This, and the last Sun Kil Moon album are very good. I reckon he's back to the same sort of form as the early Red House Painters stuff.

And he does a lot of good work for charity.

UnIt SevEn said:
I think it's weally weally good, although I had never heard any Modest Mouse. It's a bit short though. That would be my one objection.

This, and the last Sun Kil Moon album are very good. I reckon he's back to the same sort of form as the early Red House Painters stuff.

And he does a lot of good work for charity.

I'm in total agreeance, only one talking sense [besides me now obviously] here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back