Tidal - Spotify killer, rip off - or both? (1 Viewer)

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Well anyway, if they release some solid figures about how they're gonna help small artists through their take on trickle-down economics or whatever i'll read them. I'd pay extra for a streaming service if it was demonstrably better for the artists. Right now it's just a bunch of millionaires high-fiving each other.

Doing some quick comparisons between Spotify Premium and Tidal’s Premium option - the basic difference is that the former streams in 320kpbs, while the latter does FLAC at 1140kpbs. Very basic tests with my battered 6.5-year old Sony MDR-7506 headphones plugged into my MacBook Pro. Nothing too scientific.

It's funny, you go on some of these music sites where people talk about leaks and kids that have been eagerly waiting months for a record won't download a 192kpbs leak because they want their first experience with it to be in 320.
This is amusing to me.

But Dre beats are absolute shit and overpriced and unethical and people fucking love them.

Stop just finding links that sum up your own sentiments and give the numbers look in a year.

it's all a bit
web-planet-hollywood-getty.jpg

if you ask me

Well they are buisness people in a way simply put probarbly if you have that many millions or even if you are half way on to becoming a billionaire what you do think about is how to make more money. I dont like allot of that radio play myself or as someone said "wallpaper".

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back