Thumpeders who never seem to sleep. (1 Viewer)

depends...
some days i sleep, other days i go 'round with black rings around my eyes
i've heard it's a sexy look though

smithers-sleepless.gif

:cool:
- leigh

I've done that before by accident, come home at the end of a day, or got up in the morning to discover I'd left the page open the whole time. And I was like, "OMG, everyone will think I've been on all night!" And then I realise most people don't give a shite, nor do I.

But then there are times when I've got it open for ages on purpose because I'm stuck in front of the computer and take 'thumped breaks' to reward myself for doing stuff like writing 500 words or whatever. I also tend to check it whenever I check my email, which is sometimes last thing before bed, first thing when I get up. And there are nights when (like last night) I don't go to bed until after midnight but then I'm up at 6.

Ah, fuck it. It's not like most of us who post here regularly can pretend we're not on here loads.

i got about 5.5 hours last night - stayed up reading my new van der graaf generator book.

jane said:
Ah, fuck it. It's not like most of us who post here regularly can pretend we're not on here loads.

ive noticed people sometimes seem to feel guilty/embarrassed about being on here all the time... do you reckon is that why subscribers make themselves hidden?

ive noticed people sometimes seem to feel guilty/embarrassed about being on here all the time... do you reckon is that why subscribers make themselves hidden?

Interesting question. At least one of the "Stealth posters" probably spends more time on here than most and is always the first to slag other people off about thumped... so from that one example I say yes. :p

Since i got a laptop and a wireless router i tend to have it on a lot more. It's easier than channel hopping during ads.

Do you go out of the active users list if you haven't changed page for a while?

I think for a lot of people, when it comes to having a social life that crosses over into the online realm, there's a sort of hangover from the early days, when it got a rep for being a refuge for geeks. I've made some really good friends through Thumped, it entertains me to no end, it's funny, it's full of smart people with interesting ideas (even if things sometimes descend into scraps), and it's part of my life. I think most people on here would admit the same, but still, there's this sinking feeling of, "If I'm seen to be on here all the time, people will think I have no life." It's probably not totally conscious, but there's this sense that we shouldn't enjoy posting on the internet because it's for losers who can't handle the real world, even if we know full well that it's just another dimension of the real world.

i usually get from 3:00 - 7:00 during the week (with at least one decent night sleep)!

i got about 5.5 hours last night - stayed up reading my new van der graaf generator book.

I'm still yet to use that hidden stealth mode.

I'm here a lot but it keeps me from getting up from my desk when I get annoyed with whatever college work I'm supposed to be doing which happens extremely regularly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back