Thumped.com on the News, WTF?! (1 Viewer)

Anarcho Munk

I just turned on the news two minutes ago and there was a report on illegal downloading.
There's me thinking "aw... bollox..." because Eircom are clamping down on illegally downloaded mp3's.

But then...

.....then the camera focused on a computer screen running IE with some one downloading an mp3 called 'pissed drunken monkey' or something, so there's me giggling at that for a millisecond in my head.
I scroll my eyes across and it's being downloaded from thumped.com.

WHADDA FUCK?

i've been watching that eircom thing, my theory is that the major labels plan is basically to set up ireland as a legal case that they can use as a president (wrong word i think) for all the other isps. so in a few years they'll effectively have a controlling hand in isps.

i've been watching that eircom thing, my theory is that the major labels plan is basically to set up ireland as a legal case that they can use as a president (wrong word i think) for all the other isps. so in a few years they'll effectively have a controlling hand in isps.

(yeah, i was thinking that too....)

BUT THUMPED.COM!!!!

has anyone else noticed a van like this outside there house?

4327024-sm.jpg

can people not just change providers or is it like line rental, so even when you're with someone else eircom are still involved somehow?

i dont know, being disabled mine is partially subsidised, i dont know if they do that with anyone but eircom.
I thought you were allowed pick your own supplier, my mams phone is subsidised and i think she's with perlico at the moment (she changes all the time so i might be wrong).

I'm no legal expert, but doesn't a legal precedence have to be set in the same country as the case you're referring... eh to it... in? Or something.

So are people here still downloading? Has the Eircom thing come into action yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back