thumped census (1 Viewer)

No, nothing so makey uppey. It just means that instead of having a specific area - like EMEA Financial Controller, I get to go wherever there is a problem or wherever there is a big project happening. It's good, lots of variety and trave, and you get to fix things instead of being blamed for breaking them.

Hm. I think I'm a bit more on the makey uppy side at the moment. I'm editing magazines that don't yet exist and writing into a vacuum.

Here, I'm working with this mathematician from Princeton now.
Princeton is more or less the best place in the world to study Maths. I have him making graphs for me. I think he is a bit autistic in that mad but scary clever way.

I keep asking him questions like can he tell me if X is prime or not.

He has no idea, and possibly thinks I am a mentalist.
I think its hilarious though. Me, with a Princeton post doc mathematician doing my bidding.
Oh man.
He's not Italian. Thats a huge plus at least.

I'm one half of the Hardy Boys.

00907253.zoom.a.jpg

unemployed coder?

do you know anything about genetics? You could try becoming a bioinformatician sort of a thing. I know a few guys.

Then you could work for someone mining data for lots of money.

Maybe.

Thanks :) I know nothing at all about genetics or bioinformatics. Maybe I should get reading.

Thanks :) I know nothing at all about genetics or bioinformatics. Maybe I should get reading.

Put it this way, a good way to test your code for bugs is to run it through a genome.
The genome will find some mistakes.
Always.

And, the genome runs in both directions. DNA is double stranded. So, all the code you write has to work in both directions.

Then physicists come along and say oh yeah, well, we have fucking THIRTEEN dimensions or something.
THIRTEEN!!! they shout.

Physicists. They think they're great. But the Mathematicians just think they have sloppy maths.

And we think the Mathematicians are a bit mental.

Then physicists come along and say oh yeah, well, we have fucking THIRTEEN dimensions or something.
THIRTEEN!!! they shout.

Physicists. They think they're great. But the Mathematicians just think they have sloppy maths.

And we think the Mathematicians are a bit mental.

only 13 dimensions? amateurs.

The new theory reported today in New Scientist has been laid out in an online paper entitled "An Exceptionally Simple Theory of Everything" by Lisi, who completed his doctorate in theoretical physics in 1999 at the University of California, San Diego.

E8 encapsulates the symmetries of a geometric object that is 57-dimensional and is itself is 248-dimensional. Lisi says "I think our universe is this beautiful shape."

http://deferentialgeometry.org/anim/e8rotation.mov

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/ma...iewedbox&xml=/earth/2007/11/14/scisurf114.xml

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back