thumped census (1 Viewer)

Ah I see, Geomatics makes more sense. Cookiemonster is also studying GIS (as of last week).

Any jobs going?

you should have no problem getting a job in GIS. there are so many areas you can work in. moneys crap starting off, but hey unless your a business dick what profession isn't? drop us a pm if your having trouble and i can tell ya of a few crowds and good websites to check

you should have no problem getting a job in GIS. there are so many areas you can work in. moneys crap starting off, but hey unless your a business dick what profession isn't? drop us a pm if your having trouble and i can tell ya of a few crowds and good websites to check

Yeah I've heard that. Haven't really started looking properly yet, I've a good few months left of college but there seems to be a good bit of stuff happening especially in Derry which is close enough for me.

Research scientist too.
I do the data analysis, mining and presentation for genomic projects.

The pipette wielders like to suggest that I am not actually doing work, merely examining other people's work, and they dont really see how its all that difficult to do anyway, since its just some programming and web stuff.

I like to suggest that the pipette wielders fuck off (and see how many journals are interested in publishing the results of 30,000 experiments who no one knows worked or not, or have any idea what they say if they did work).

At this point its surprisingly un-rewarding. In fact I think I want to walk.

about 75% of the time I want to walk. Having had to deal with some microarray data recently i dont envy you.
Im pretty much a research group of one at the moment. when its good its very good, when its bad its very bad.

Yeah I've heard that. Haven't really started looking properly yet, I've a good few months left of college but there seems to be a good bit of stuff happening especially in Derry which is close enough for me.
ah sound, defo hit up BKS http://www.bks.co.uk/ there based in Coleraine, one of the biggest crowds on the island, don't know much else up that way. best of luck with the course

Ghetto_Breakdown.jpg

Apparently I'm a Project Financial Controller.

Thats kind of like being a minister without a portfolio. I'm afraid to ask whether that means I'm loyal to the party but too dim for a seat at cabinet, or my troubleshooting powers and vast experience are too great to be wasted in one place.

Apparently I'm a Project Financial Controller.

Thats kind of like being a minister without a portfolio. I'm afraid to ask whether that means I'm loyal to the party but too dim for a seat at cabinet, or my troubleshooting powers and vast experience are too great to be wasted in one place.

Is it like being Team Leader?

Is it like being Team Leader?
No, nothing so makey uppey. It just means that instead of having a specific area - like EMEA Financial Controller, I get to go wherever there is a problem or wherever there is a big project happening. It's good, lots of variety and trave, and you get to fix things instead of being blamed for breaking them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back