Thread about 'Threads' (1 Viewer)

thickaspigshit

Website
Visit site
This is coming out on DVD, if you dont know, it was a film about the end of the world(as we know it), nuclear holocaust type of thing. Ive never seen this on terrestrial tv since it was first on in the 80's. Scared the fuck out of me when they showed it and it was filmed in my city so it was pretty spooky.

Some of the kids in my school 'wagged it'(aint said that for a while) and went down to get into the 'anti war march' part in the film.

Wonder if anyone here seen it. Love to see it on DVD.

681257m.jpg

this scared the shit out of me.. only saw it fully last year.. kinda like Casualty: The Movie
the documetary voice-over makes it creepy as fuck for me, it's like it was preparing people for the inevitable horrors that they'd face in a nuclear war

thickaspigshit said:
This is coming out on DVD, if you dont know, it was a film about the end of the world(as we know it), nuclear holocaust type of thing. Ive never seen this on terrestrial tv since it was first on in the 80's. Scared the fuck out of me when they showed it and it was filmed in my city so it was pretty spooky.

Some of the kids in my school 'wagged it'(aint said that for a while) and went down to get into the 'anti war march' part in the film.

681257m.jpg

thickaspigshit said:
Ive never seen this on terrestrial tv since it was first on in the 80's. Scared the fuck out of me when they showed it and it was filmed in my city so it was pretty spooky.

I think it hasn't been repeated on telly as it scared the holy fuck out of people, the BBC got loads of complaints about it.

thickaspigshit said:

I've watched it several times. One can err...obtain it on the internet.

spiritualtramp said:
I've watched it several times. One can err...obtain it on the internet.

I have a friend who would love to know where you obtained it from as this friend has searched for it but this friend cannot find as its such an awkward word to search with(threads).

Im sure if you PMed me directions I would pass the details on to my friend...ahem

and rep points would be distributed accordingly. Says my friend..

Threads was released on DVD back in 2000.

I picked it up off ebay a few years ago together with The Day After from some dude in Edinburgh.

The price skyrocketed in the last year or so - people paying up to £100 for it.

It has been repeated on UK TV Drama a number of times in the few months while BBC4 showed it in November 2003.

I saw it the original BBC2 broadcast in 1985 and it disturbed me immensely. Everyone in school was talking about it.

In relation to the re-released DVD I read somewhere that

The snatch of Strauss's Alpine Symphony which plays out against footage of the spider has been replaced by birdsong. Annoyingly, there's absolutely no declaration on the cover that mentions any contractual edits

nlgbbbblth said:
It has been repeated on UK TV Drama a number of times in the few months while BBC4 showed it in November 2003.

Oh that sounds about right, I first saw it on BBC Four.

Did they ever repeat it on BBC 1 or 2?

Do you know why it was called Threads?

Were Threads, Beneath the Planet of the Apes and Day of the Triffids not part of my childhood, I would totally be a well-adjusted adult.

Thems the breaks

spiritualtramp said:
Oh that sounds about right, I first saw it on BBC Four.

Did they ever repeat it on BBC 1 or 2?

Do you know why it was called Threads?

I don't recall a BBC 1 or 2 repeat ever.
RTE2 showed a week or two after the original BBC2 broadcast.

Not sure why it was called Threads - possibly a reference to the fragility of life and man's potential to destroy same.

The War Game from 1965 is well worth a look; very scary.
Not seen Testament yet but would like to.

i have the original dvd release of this film... and what a film, would be in my top ten if i had to pick one. the most disturbing film i have ever seen, all horror films pale in comparision with this one, in my opinion... it really gets under your skin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back