Thoughts of Ionesco (2 Viewers)

cesspooldublin

Meant to check out this band for ages and only got round to it reecently via their "The Scar is our Watermark" anthology..kicking myself for not paying more attention at the time. These woulda been contemporaries of the likes of HHIG, Unruh, Catharsis, Botch, etc, basically mid 90s really heavy metallic hardcore that avoids all the cliches. Anyone else into em? Are the full albums worth checking out or should I just stick to this "best of" job?

the drummer went on the alkaline trio. they sound deadly. just ordered that anthology. is the documenatry up to much? all the biogs I've read said they were a bit mad in the head

actually derek grant who was the guy that went on to alkaline trio, was only in the band for the last LP. he replaced their original drummer, brian repa who had a drug problem. the first "7 and the two lps("the trypnich session" and "and then there was motion")that came after it where the best stuff they ever did, they went downhill after "and then there was motion" when they decided to fuck around with saxaphones and extended noise jams.........the last lp "from detroit for addiction" was basically them trying to be a hardcore MC5........saw this band half a dozen times in the late 90s.....always fucking crazy live........lots of weird ranting, falling on the floor and vomiting from too much booze/drugs.....i remember one show they played with acrid and assuck their bassist fell backwards and spewed puke all over the place during one of their songs.........anyways michigan had a shitload of good bands at the time........jihad, wallside, constantine sankathi, insogrey, pinko, dryeve, fieldtree, current, quixote, trocar, .NEMA, small brown bike ect..........the glory days ended in '98.......probably never to return........

also sean hoen, the singer, went on to a succession of shitty indie pop bands (leaving rouge/the holy fire) the bassist nate was in the detroit hardcore band empathy before ionesco. empathy was the band boy sets fire started out ripping off......before they went to total shit.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back