Thou shalt not take the lord's name in vain (4 Viewers)

mon Dieu! i hadnt seen that one before

i just showed it to my friend and she cant believe they put that stuff on tv in ireland.

ever been to see this mewsikal?

godspell.jpg

Thats a load of fucking bollocks.How can they get away with that shite?

Gerry Ryans talking about this now.

jaysus:

Where a person is convicted of an offence under this section, the court may issue a warrant authorising the Garda Síochána to enter, if necessary using reasonable force, a premises where the member of the force has reasonable grounds for believing there are copies of the blasphemous statements in order to seize them.

better throw out your faith no more cd's lads.

I like Pat Rabbitte's moderation. Sure, blasphemy should be punishable by law, but we can't be fining people ten grand in these straightened times.

That's insane!! Whatever happened to the separation of church and state... I know that was always a joke in this country but wtf?

This kinda stuff reminds me of yer one Naomi Kleins book where in times of crisis government tries to push through changes in law that would never get through in normal situations. I know it's not as extreme as privatizing public school systems but still. :mad:

When I read this this morning I had to double check- i was sure it was going to be about efforts to remove this kind of crap from our constitution not add to it

For ...gosh's sake

:mad:

Instead of a blasphemy law per sé could they not just do some sort of phrenological test and if the person is found to be predisposed towards blasphemy then their tithe should be increased until God remoulds their skull back into theological obsequience? This makes way more sense imho

It's already in the constitution isn't it?

yeah but ..

"Minister for Justice Dermot Ahern proposes to insert a new section into the Defamation Bill, stating: “A person who publishes or utters blasphemous matter shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable upon conviction on indictment to a fine not exceeding €100,000.”

I thought that in this day and age they'd remove stuff like this,not add more

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to johnny"the photoshop kid"stress again

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back