Thomann t.Bone Mics (1 Viewer)

egg_ said:
Would be great to find out what factory they're made in, and what other mics are made in the same place. Dunno how you'd go about doing that though

I read who made them before and remember thinking 'Cool' :)
Can't remember now - been looking for the review I read that mentioned it and can't find it.

They're made in the same place as SE I think. At least they used to be ; SE have re-jigged their range in the last few months. They use the same flight cases as SE anyway.

I think their quite good mics. They have lots of really obvious rip off's that sound pretty great. Well the dynamics do anyway......

Their SM57 clone

http://www.netzmarkt.de/thomann/thoiw6_the_tbone_mb75_prodinfo.html?sn=70769b3aa60b6cabaabf27b664fba097

And apparantly these sound exactly like a Sennheiser E604

http://www.netzmarkt.de/thomann/thoiw6_t-bone_cd_55_prodinfo.html?sn=70769b3aa60b6cabaabf27b664fba097

As for their Condensor & ribbon mics.........I dunno. I believe Samson are good and cheap. www.samsontech.com/

I have one of these T-Bones...haven't used it yet cos I have a Rode NT1 that I use all the time.

Thomann actually gave it to me for free, because when they wrongly delivered a about 3 grands worth of lighting equipment to me, I did the daycent thing and told them.

In hindsight I should have kept the stuff but I'm sure their computer tracking system would've hunted me down eventually. Don't have much use for 1,000,000 watt colourdy lighting yokes anyway...

now if they sent me 3 grands worth of dry ice machines, it'd be a different story...I'd be hangin onto those babies...everytime I'd leave the house it'd be like "Stars in their Eyes"

Has anyone tried Red5 Audio?

They sell incredibly cheap condensers and dynamics, and have gotten some good reviews (e.g. in "Sound on Sound" mag).

They're based in Scotland, but the mikes are made in China, I think. Not sure if they're badged by anyone else...

I got in touch with the company recently but the mike I was mainly interested in - a large-membrane condensor for the stupidly low price of STG£45 - is currently out of stock. Will almost certainly get one when the new shipment comes in, though...

wow

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jun02/articles/red5mics.asp

ah god bless the China

Anne OMalley said:
Has anyone tried Red5 Audio?

They sell incredibly cheap condensers and dynamics, and have gotten some good reviews (e.g. in "Sound on Sound" mag).

They're based in Scotland, but the mikes are made in China, I think. Not sure if they're badged by anyone else...

I got in touch with the company recently but the mike I was mainly interested in - a large-membrane condensor for the stupidly low price of STG£45 - is currently out of stock. Will almost certainly get one when the new shipment comes in, though...

Yeah, close mic'ing pretty much anything.
They don't sound too different to a moving-coil mic, just a bit closer/warmer sounding.
Very fragile though so don't drop them.

They give a nice effect when used at a distance to - kinda hollow, almost reverb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back