this tuesday! (dec 11) high on fire & pelican (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 48
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 1
nice one umack! anaother class night of rockin!

i must be getting old though, i found it too loud in whelans and i had no earplugs. ears are bolloxed this morning. that new PA in there is great because as loud as it got, it was still really clear. but the hugh frequencies during pelican totlally messed me up.

Ive got an exam tomorrow. Should I...

1. Pick up a ticket for this on the way home, keep rockin the studies until about 9 or so and then fly down to the gig, have a pint or two, rock out and go straight home to bed (realistically: get fucking bolloxed drunk, smoke loads of dope after the gig in someones gaff and totally fuck up tomorrows exam)?

2. Cycle straight home, draw the curtains, study all night and go to bed and finish off watching the rest of 'Police Academy 4 - Citizens on Patrol'.? (that Citizens on Patrol rap is pretty good)

You made the right decision! great gig.|..| thanks u:m

i got up at 6 o'clock this morning to get back to cork for my exam. kept falling asleep trying to study on the train. exam went pretty well though. high five.

Smashing Pumpkins weren't so hot though.

They really did sound like an instrumental Smashing Pumpkins didn't they? The first few tunes were great but after that........ They could have at least played Bullet with Butterfly Wings!! :D

pelican's first two tunes were class
then it got a bit 'this is our slayer tune' 'this is our 'gish' tune' 'this is our ride tune'
nice to see kevin dillon got work after 'entourage' though

high on fire were aces
'diddle de diddle de didddle de diddle de diddle de diddle de...'

matt pikes gurning and one handed guitar shtik provided some nice relief
me favourite move was when lifting his hand up from a down stroke he took the opportunity to wave to the audience from the knee

oh and just on the whelans thing...it's a craphouse

45 mins each would have done.

pelican first 4 songs great. then sleepy time. livened up again at the end.

enjoyed high on fire more last night that the last time.

most of the crowd at this were a bunch of gowls.

i like making what i have to say easy to read.

most of the crowd at this were a bunch of gowls.

i thought it was full of ignorant pricks. i was downstairs for pelican and with the ignorant pricks, the shite band and the general over crowdedness i was tempted to feck off home, glad i stayed around (upstairs) for high on fire though they were deadly! thought there was a bit of a joshua tree vibe off pelican, bad joshua tree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back