Things You're Missing: Task tracker (1 Viewer)

egg_

nerd/hippy
Supporter
Since 1999
Where dogs wear hats and birds fly backwards
In the absence of a task-tracker, here's a list of current projects, tasks, and what we need:

Current projects

ZINE:
Tasks: editing/project managing, writing articles, design, photocopying and distributing
People: Editor=Billy, he will need people to write articles (Fiachra has volunteered for design)
We need: Content! Ask Billy if you want to write an article or help out with anything else

INFORMATION SHARING:
Tasks: information gathering, information display on website
People: me (programming), Tom (design, html) for the web side
We need: More information, more articles - please please please if you have ever recorded anything or got a CD pressed or anything interesting like that write a page on it and send it to me (egg at thingsyouremissing dot com)

STALL:
Tasks: selling things stuff at gigs
People: Richie in Dublin, also stalls in Derry and Belfast (dunno who runs them ... ?)
We need: everyone to start using stock-tracker, more volunteers to run stalls, Richie to get together with other volunteers to make sure the stall is at relevent gigs

DISTRIBUTION:
Tasks: distributing things stuff to shops
People: Ian, Ro, Allen
We need: more people and more shops, current people to start using stock tracker ... Music City connection has evaporated, as has provincial distribution so any help anyone can give us in these departments will be appreciated

LISTINGS AND NEWS:
Tasks: keeping listings and news up-to-date, sending out listings
People: Conor

UMBRELLA GROUP FOR LABELS:
Tasks: figuring out pros and cons, talking to labels
People: Billy

AUTUMN TOUR:
Tasks: booking venues and acts, publicity
People: Kieran, Helen

COMPILATION:
Tasks: contacting bands, getting tracks, mastering, pressing
People: Liam

Proposed projects:

STALL IN TEMPLE BAR SQUARE:
Tasks: sussing out Temple Bar Properties, figuring out the money, manning a stall

ONE-OFF GIGS:
Tasks: booking acts and venues, publicity

Re: THINGS: what we need

egg_ said:
DISTRIBUTION:
Tasks: distributing things stuff to shops
People: Ian, Ro, Allen
We need: more people and more shops, current people to start using stock tracker ... Music City connection has evaporated, as has provincial distribution so any help anyone can give us in these departments will be appreciated
I know, and it's really beginning to piss me off... Tim was in there resently and was told to take a hike... I then aproached to see what the story was, my bud says there was nothing he could do... Sorry Tim... Having said all this and having stock returned to me (which I need to get back to the stall) I feel a little guilty, because the Omelette ablum is going to be stocked (I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this could be a way to sneak other stuff back in)

The things section was a bit scary for them... gonna try and get stuff scattered back into the A-Z a bit at a time

Ian

Re: Things You're Missing: FAQ & Task tracker

while we're at it
i think we should dump the listings section and concentrate on useful diy related resources and articles and the distro and stall with the odd zine and gig.

so basically i think we should dump the listings.

grand.

edit:
what i'm getting at is that if we started this whole thing off again afresh from now, knowing what we know, the listings have been the least productive part of what we've done, and also have been a major headache. the stall/distro/zine/articles are all pretty useful and i think if we concentrate collectively on these areas we'll get more done.

sayin'

Re: Things You're Missing: FAQ & Task tracker

Just to say again lads if theres anything we can do to help ya with give me a shout. We culdn't get a distributor for GS vol II until we charted but there are plenty of local shops with chart track machines who will take CDs if you have a local band on them and a gig promoting it in the town in question. We sold in Cork, Galway, Carlow and the usual haunts in Dublin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back