Things tour (3 Viewers)

Unclealo

Uncle Alo
Website
www.thirteenthlock.net
Okay, this will be a tough one...

I've been in contact with various people about this.

As it stands we could concievably organise 10-12 gigs over 3-4 weekends (Thurs-Sat) in late Feb/ March.

This would encompass the following:

1/A launch gig in Dublin (Ballroom or a Things club night that we were discussing last night)
and in no particular order

2/ Limerick
3/ Cork
4/ Galway
5/ Roscommon
6/ Sligo
7/ letterkenny
8/Derry
9/ Belfast
10/ Dundalk
11/ Mullingar
12/ A return gig in Dublin

Also we talked about possibly approaching people in Kilkenny and Waterford but we don't have any direct contacts there.

In order to get these gigs we would possibly have to trade gigs with locally based bands (many who have already played the Ballroom etc.). EVERY band associated with the tour should be willing to facilitate these gig trades.

Hopefully through existing contacts we might be able to find people to put up the bands involved in the tour. In some spots this will not be feasible.

Some of the venues mentioned have house PAs, some don't.

Some of the venues pay the bands. Some don't.

Some towns may have local bands that could provide the guts of the backline. Some don't.

Ideally the 3-4 acts playing would hit the road in a convoy of a Van for PA & backline and 3 cars or so.

The biggest problem here is cost. Once a lineup/ line-ups have been decided we need to approach the venues properly, find out what money we would be guaranteed, where we definately will have to shell out on hostel/B&B costs, and scope out Transport costs.

This will be a learning experience. In my opinion it is inevitable that the tour will make a loss overall. The purpose of the tour is not to make money, it is to raise the profile of things and to take the stall on the road.

In my opinion the bands who are playing will have to stomach the loss where a gig does not cover costs. Consider this before you put your band forward to play

There is no point in proceeding beyond this until the line-up has been finalised and I'm presuming that this will be a huge source of agro

Should this have the same line-up all the way through? Should it be phased with different things bands playing different legs?

Should a bigger band be drafted in to headline? Such a band may not want to as they could possibly organise this for themselves and make less of loss on their own.

Anyways everyone have a good think about this and we'll discuss this on Monday....

This could be done on less money than you think. Petrol gets pretty cheap when a car full chips in together. As for b+b, most places are close enough to Dublin to allow for a drive back if need be.

rockin

We'd definitely be on for this, it's a fucking great idea and I'm glad I thought of it.:D

I think, as Anthony said, it wouldn't be that expensive once people chip in, but it's a fairly large project and should have a couple of people strictly dedicated to it; otherwise it could descend into chaos. Chaos I tell you.

Originally posted by barry
my band are availble to play on this tour!
how do we get involved??

Barry,

Come along to the next things meeting. 7.30 (pm) upstairs at the Lord Edward near Christchurch. Everyone is looking forward to meeing you :)

Bollos... omo want in... omo reherse mondays... thats why I never made a meeting... can a meeting be on a different night for a change???

Originally posted by Ian
Bollos... omo want in... omo reherse mondays... thats why I never made a meeting... can a meeting be on a different night for a change???

can't your rehearsal be on a different night for a change?

Originally posted by Unclealo
Okay, this will be a tough one...

I've been in contact with various people about this.

As it stands we could concievably organise 10-12 gigs over 3-4 weekends (Thurs-Sat) in late Feb/ March.

If you want any info for this, let me know. I can maybe get you Zoo nightclub in Kilkennt and the Forum (or the College) in Waterford, as well as another couple maybe.

I can also virtually guarantee you an intervew with the bands on radio and in the press a week before both those venues, along with an interview on radio and newspaper about the Things philosophy

As usual, let me know if you want any info/help.

I might suggest, by the way, that you find a local crowd-pulling band for each leg. It'd help to get some cash back. I could help arrange that if you need it.

[email protected]

ok,
i left me shit at home today but i'll post up what i remember.

dates + venues (these will be added to)
first leg:
thursday 20 march to sat 22 march
belfast, derry, letterkenny

second leg
thursday 27 march to sat 29 march
sligo, galway, limerick

third leg
fri 3 apr to sun 5 apr
dundalk, cork, kilkenny

fourth
fri 11 and sat 12th
waterford, dublin

line-ups will be posted up and are based on their venue and day preferences, where they are from and whether they have transport. each band will have (at most) a headline, a second spot and a third spot. in dublin and galway there will be four on the bill and in dundalk two. if a band has a problem with a line up they will contact me and we will try and arrange a swop.

the line ups are not definite because we haven't got replies from 6 bands so line ups are based on the ten we have contacted.

bands are included automatically if their material is sold on the stall or distro.

there's more, which i'll post when i have it.

viva la revolution.... :eek:)

Right i'm trying to organise venues at the mo, but its difficult enough...
i think we've got the northern leg sorted. i've also got waterford done, i'm setting up dundalk, and i'm hoping guggi in galway will sort that out.

anyway here's the original line-up, based on preferences, dates, and availability.

SMALL PRINT:
line-ups Posted up ARE based on their venue and day preferences, where they are from and whether they have transport. each band will have (at most) a headline, a second spot and a third spot. in dublin and galway there will be four on the bill and in dundalk two. if a band has a problem with a line up they will contact me and we will try and arrange a swop.

the line ups are not definite because we haven't got replies from 6 bands so line ups are based on the ten we have contacted.

bands are included automatically if their material is sold on the stall or distro.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Letterkenny, the orchard, Thursday 20th march
Aurel
NeoSuperVital
Yakuza

Derry, the Nucleas, Friday 21st March
Evangelists
Aurel
Playground Psychotic

Belfast, the Menagerie, Saturday 22nd March
Yakuza
Deputy Fuzz
Ommelette

Sligo, the Garravogue, Thursday 27th March
Holy Ghost Fathers
Playground Psychotic
Aurel

Galway, Pachinos, Friday 28th March
Stoat
Rollers/sparkers
Settler
El Diablo

Limerick, boat club, Saturday 29th March
Rollers/Sparkers
Holy Ghost Fathers
Playground Psychotic

Dundalk, the Sprit Store, Thursday 3th April
Dudley Corporation,
NeoSuperVital
*TBC*

Cork, Fred Zepplins, Sat 5th April
Ommelette
Rollers/sparkers
the Coldspoon Conspiracy

Kilkenny, Sunday 6th April
Large mound
Dudley Corporation
Estel

Waterford, the Forum, Thursday 10th April
Settler
Estel
The Evangelists

Dublin, Saturday 12th April
National Prayer Breakfast
Settler
Evangelists
Yakuza

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this list is only PROVISIONAL.

if you can play the dates given send me a pm confirming each date. if not, we will free your space to give to another act. el diablo, estel, deputy fuzz, delorentos, morello and joan of arse are already (or will be by these dates) on the distro and if possible, spaces will be found.

if anyone wants to swop dates etc, no problem, pm me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back