THINGS TO DO IN EDINBUROUGH? (1 Viewer)

São Paulo Punk

Website
myspace.com
Going there for a few days with the in-laws and wondering if there's any good places to go to for...

1. Vegan food

2. Records

3. Sups

4. Museums n'all, culture etc...

Anyone know of some good places to go?

Best information wins an authentic Puget Sound ear-plug, as used by John (Smelly) Kelly at a recent band practice. (WAX INCLUDED)

Head out to the G8 convergence space and have a look perhaps?

theres a deadly hill called arturs seat overlooking the city - great spot for drinking cans and admiring the views.

lots of good pubs in centre - oh and vegan haggis is worth a shot.

bohs punks said:
theres a deadly hill called arturs seat overlooking the city - great spot for drinking cans and admiring the views.

lots of good pubs in centre - oh and vegan haggis is worth a shot.
do vegetables have stomachs?!

São Paulo Punk said:
Going there for a few days with the in-laws and wondering if there's any good places to go to for...

1. Vegan food

2. Records

3. Sups

4. Museums n'all, culture etc...

Anyone know of some good places to go?

Best information wins an authentic Puget Sound ear-plug, as used by John (Smelly) Kelly at a recent band practice. (WAX INCLUDED)

1. Not sure

2. Avalanche is probably your best bet as far as I know, it's down a side-street off the Royal Mile which is the street that runs up the hill to the Castle, they have a small punk section really but there is usually some decent second-hand stuff of interest.

3. What the fuck is a sup?

4. There's a good few museums and art gallery's and shit, Edinburgh is good that way. There is a big gallery on one of the bridges off Prince's street which might be worth a look, also the National Museum of Scotland is on a street near the Royal Mile I believe. You should definitely check out the castle, dunno what it's like price-wise though, and you should try and take a ghost-tour if you can, they leave from somewhere near the train station I think. And there's always the Edinburgh Dungeon if it's open, although I've never been.
Also there might be some sort of punk gig on while you are there, not sure which venue they are using right now, used to be a place called The Mercat, but I think there's a new place open called The Subway which is doing gigs.

http://www.ents24.com/web/venue/18793/Edinburgh/The+Mercat.html

Oh just found some good gig info

http://www.punkoiuk.co.uk/gigs/gig_town.asp?Town=Edinburgh

weeler said:
Head out to the G8 convergence space and have a look perhaps?

This is one of those family holidays (Fernanda's father, Fernando, is running the Edinburgh(thanks Mac!) Marathon on Sunday) so it'll be more of a pushing the pram around affair, taking photos of each other in front of statues, pointing at historical buildings and saying "Hmmm, nice..." etc.

I'll be busy all day Sunday at the marathon on 'Irish Priest Watch' in case Fernando gets attacked and loses his lead position.

São Paulo Punk said:
This is one of those family holidays (Fernanda's father, Fernando, is running the Edinburgh(thanks Mac!) Marathon on Sunday) so it'll be more of a pushing the pram around affair, taking photos of each other in front of statues, pointing at historical buildings and saying "Hmmm, nice..." etc.

I'll be busy all day Sunday at the marathon on 'Irish Priest Watch' in case Fernando gets attacked and loses his lead position.

Or you could dress up as the Irish priest and attack his competitors, that would be better.
There's a statue of Greyfriar's Bobby near the National Museum of Scotland as far as I remember, and statues on The Royal Mile, probably one or two on Prince's street, and you should have no problem finding a suit of armour to pose beside on the Royal Mile too. I wish I had a suit of armour.

if u get the chance, try do 1 of the walkin ghost tours, they leave from somewhere on the royal mile(u'l see it advertised for sure) every half hour or so in the evenings.i know it sounds corny but it's a deadly buzz!

although it probably wouldn't fit in wit the family holiday plan , or for anyone wit a history of heart trouble and/or stroke

best things to do is head up to arthur's seat (massive cliffs overlooking the city), do a trainspotting tour, pledge your alligence to the queen, and if you're there during the first few days of the festival, get free tickets to various shows.
the baked potato shops are good vegan grub...

hey eoinsy ya should head to the museum of optical illusions its on the royal mile near the castle and all that toursity shite, its the best, specially if you can source a smoke before you enter, i onyl found one shop with semi decenbt records in it, half sex shop half punk records, it was kinda shite to be honest, some fuckin deadly pubs though!!

oh yeah wlak through that graveyard its pretty eeeire as fuck, also they have a pretty snazzy independent cinema yokey there, ya could hit that?

anyways i aint got anymore ideas...what about things to do in new york (other than go to where john lennon was shot and laugh (tick!), man the amount of piggies with machine guns is fuckin crazy!ninjaaaa

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back