Things I should have known before now... (2 Viewers)

naiomi campbell was in bob marleys 'is this love' video.

also her russian ex boyfriend built her a cool spaceship house.

also she's single, lads.

I always assumed the chaos symbol as beloved by anarchist punks etc was ancient , up there with arcane signs such as those use to represent the elements or astrological signs.

I just found out it was devised by Michael Moorcock, sci-fi/fantasy writer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symbol_of_Chaos

Chaos_star.svg

Or rather, things I knew once but now forget.

@Jill Hives - you once mentioned this fella who used to make observations about preferences/ trade offs etc.

Foe example, "would you accept a 10% reduction in how people rate/ preceive your intelligence, for a 10% increase in how attractive they rate you"
or
would you sacrifice all knowledge/ memory of a band you love, for an x% increase in how attractive people consider you to be" etc.

They are not the real examples, but were along those lines. Who was this guy?

Sorry, not really the right thread... but this question from Chuck Klosterman

You meet your soul mate. However, there is a catch: Every three years, someone will break both of your soul mate's collarbones with a Crescent wrench, and there is only one way you can stop this from happening: You must swallow a pill that will make every song you hear--for the rest of your life--sound as if it's being performed by the band Alice in Chains. When you hear Creedence Clearwater Revival on the radio, it will sound (to your ears) like it's being played by Alice in Chains. If you see Radiohead live, every one of their tunes will sound like it's being covered by Alice in Chains. When you hear a commercial jingle on TV, it will sound like Alice in Chains; if you sing to yourself in the shower, your voice will sound like deceased Alice vocalist Layne Staley performing a capella (but it will only sound this way to you).

Would you swallow the pill?

http://melanism.com/2006/07/chuck-klostermans-23-questions-i-ask.html

You meet your soul mate. However, there is a catch: Every three years, someone will break both of your soul mate's collarbones with a Crescent wrench, and there is only one way you can stop this from happening: You must swallow a pill that will make every song you hear--for the rest of your life--sound as if it's being performed by the band Alice in Chains. When you hear Creedence Clearwater Revival on the radio, it will sound (to your ears) like it's being played by Alice in Chains. If you see Radiohead live, every one of their tunes will sound like it's being covered by Alice in Chains. When you hear a commercial jingle on TV, it will sound like Alice in Chains; if you sing to yourself in the shower, your voice will sound like deceased Alice vocalist Layne Staley performing a capella (but it will only sound this way to you).

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yes.

Can't I just break up with her and be 10% sexier ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back