Them Risks. (1 Viewer)

Nah, they want to see how you observe what goes on round you, what you like, and how these things act as sources for finished works. Some developments through notebook ideas to finished works would be good too, so they know you're capable of seeing an idea through to its conclusion.

I had a load of studies of onions in my portfolio (hint, draw organic stuff, it's easier than non and there's more of a margin of error than if you're going to draw buildings where wonky perspective will be instantly recognisable) done over a few weeks as the thing changed - it sprouted, it wrinkled and shrank etc so as a study it was interesting to keep referring to. I rendered it in loads of different media too, tried lots of different things and approaches and basically tried to exhaust the possibilities it had. Some theory stuff wouldn't go amiss either, I had a notebook of colour theory tests and stuff like that and that sort of thing helps to show that you're interested in the whole process.

Zeelander said:
Have to spread rep round blah blah blah.... Thanks a million. So it's not all just about impressive finished works- it's collecting all my scribbles and ideas and things that give me ideas too? Oh man, the hoarder in me is pleased that all that junk has a purpose at last. I am so stoked about actually devoting my time to something I've always wanted to do. Hurrah!

kirstie said:
Nah, they want to see how you observe what goes on round you, what you like, and how these things act as sources for finished works. Some developments through notebook ideas to finished works would be good too, so they know you're capable of seeing an idea through to its conclusion.

I had a load of studies of onions in my portfolio (hint, draw organic stuff, it's easier than non and there's more of a margin of error than if you're going to draw buildings where wonky perspective will be instantly recognisable) done over a few weeks as the thing changed - it sprouted, it wrinkled and shrank etc so as a study it was interesting to keep referring to. I rendered it in loads of different media too, tried lots of different things and approaches and basically tried to exhaust the possibilities it had. Some theory stuff wouldn't go amiss either, I had a notebook of colour theory tests and stuff like that and that sort of thing helps to show that you're interested in the whole process.

Was that for the EO or AO exams?

kirstie said:

Cheers Kirstie. Where did you go to college?

Everyone's tips have given me a lot to think about and get to work on, thanks. Now I just have to worry about the standard of my work... I feel the exact same way about everything I create: "Pff, I could make that" so I can never really judge where work ranks between bad and good...

go for it i reckon, i'll get all medici on your paint covered ass and pay your rent. in case you are wondering who i am, i may or may not have had a pint or two with you on sunday in "walters" or not. maybe. spooky huh?

I had the dubious 'fortune' to go to NCAD. With Ramps as it so happens. He is my Kollege Bud.

Zeelander said:
Cheers Kirstie. Where did you go to college?

Everyone's tips have given me a lot to think about and get to work on, thanks. Now I just have to worry about the standard of my work... I feel the exact same way about everything I create: "Pff, I could make that" so I can never really judge where work ranks between bad and good...

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:
You need a degree for AO, but I think EO is leaving cert - not sure whether you need some honours or not.

Foreign Affairs (*spit*) EOs need:

At present, requirements for this position are such that applicants must: (i) have obtained a recognised degree; or
(ii) have achieved a satisfactory standard in the Leaving Certificate or an examination of an equivalent standard, in Mathematics and Irish and/or English and any of the following:

* a pass in the first year examination of a course leading to a recognised degree or
* a certificate or other qualification obtained following a course of at least two years full time duration recognised by the National Council for Educational Awards or
* the Professional Examination 1, or equivalent, of a recognised accountancy body; or

(iii) have obtained a pass or Grade D in Mathematics and Irish and/or English in the Leaving Certificate or equivalent, with a minimum of Grade C in Higher Level papers in at least five subjects in the examination.

They forgot to add infinite patience and a love of tea.

He's not. I dont have a social life either.

-reconised your martial art style a while back code ninja; your tigers claw was truly fierce looking.

We're going to have to find new and exiting ways of spicing up our relationship now that the mystery's gone out of it

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back