the Tycho Brahe, Jape + El Diablo - Thurs 12th - The Village (1 Viewer)

this was total deadly buzz... my first time being able to hear kim's cello well, she and diarmuid were totally buzzin offa each other, sounded Hamazing! maybe one too many covers buh, otherwise, really really enjoyable. lovely hurlin'.

Originally posted by AlphaRelish
this was total deadly buzz... my first time being able to hear kim's cello well, she and diarmuid were totally buzzin offa each other, sounded Hamazing! maybe one too many covers buh, otherwise, really really enjoyable. lovely hurlin'.

Don't Fear The Reaper lifted the roof off the place. Brilliant.
That song still scares me.

B

In Boston there are two record shops called Mystery Train - if it's auditory stimulation you require, check them out.

Originally posted by aoifed
First of all I'm going to Maine for 8 weeks, then I'm going to travel down the coast to NYC and hang out there for a bit.
Can't fucking wait really but it's a pain in the arse right now as I don't know exactly when I'm going.
If anyone has any interesting things to tell me about Maine, Pennsylvania, Boston or NYC I'd be very grateful, specially music shops in NY.
Thursday night really is going to rock- maybe we'll actually get to stop and chat this time BBB

Last night simply fuckin' .|..| ! Jape, El Diablo and the Tycho Brahe - for a tenner! Where would you get it?

And to think I sat at home until 8:30 debating whether to go just because my mate had pulled out at the last minute.

Isn't it only strange freakshows who go to gigs alone? Well, maybe, but I had a great night nonetheless.

Does anyone else have the problem of mates who don't share your exquisite taste in all things musical?

Anyhow, well done, and roll on the next one.

huh eh wha, ye startin

N where were you last night, Mr Mc??? Huh?? And Dudley, goddammit??

T'was muchly fun. And yes, too many covers. Who the fuck is Eddie? And kinda, so what. We'll have more new stuff in September when the new bum of al is out!

Cheers all.

C.

Was your handle inspired by our namesake, the famously silver-schnozzed stargazer???

Ah Carol, if only I was as scientifically literate as your good self.

No, my handle was pilfered from one of the lesser known characters from Martin Scorcese's gangster masterpiece, "Goodfellas". As far as I can recall, his only line goes something like "Hey, pal, how ya doin'?", but I always liked the name. Jimmy Two Times was another choice one from the same scene.

Cappice?

I should say I love the image of Tycho Brahe carrying a little pot of glue around should the infamous conk decide to act up!

there are several variations on the story...

but everyone prefers the one about him sitting at Leopold's dinner table, dying for a whizz but too polite to excuse himself... and the rest is disputed history

Originally posted by freddienonose
As far as I can recall, his only line goes something like "Hey, pal, how ya doin'?", but I always liked the name. Jimmy Two Times was another choice one from the same scene.

Wheehee I love that bit. :D

And that's Jimmy Two Times. "I'm gonna go get the papers, get the papers"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back