The Trek XI Thread (1 Viewer)

[ame="http://www.theonion.com/content/video/trekkies_bash_new_star_trek_film"]Trekkies Bash New Star Trek Film As 'Fun, Watchable' | The Onion - America's Finest News Source[/ame]

As a lifelong fan of Trek, TOS more than any other, this was great. I never thought i'd be able to watch Kirk, Spock & McCoy have adventures ever again and now i fucking can!

Second only to Wrath Of Kahn in enjoyment levels. Still fails to beat Treks finest ever moment of 'City On The Edge Of Forever' though.

Me wantee more!

yeah this was quality watchage.

kirk-inspirational-awesome.jpg

I was never a fan of the tv series and don't recall ever seeing any of the films but I saw this last night and really enjoyed it, Simon Pegg was cringefull though.

I'm sure I'll get trekkie death threats and Yurn will probably punch me in the face next time I see him but has there ever been a worse character then Spook or a worse race then Vulcans??? All their scenes were just so cheesy and painfully boring. Nemoy should stick to songs about Hobbits.

I enjoyed it, well paced and entertaining enough throughout, though like a lot of these prequel type of movies, there's so much energy expended on setting up the back story of the characters, future relationships etc that the actual storyline felt secondary.. The Romulans are a bit lame as villians go, also. Some reviewer pointed out that there's a bit of a disparity between the acting styles, i.e. the actors who played Kirk, Spock, Uhura etc were pretty much playing it straight and then you had 'Scotty' & the Russian guy who seemed to almost be going for comic parody of the original characters. Nice touch having Leonard Nimoy in there, he did look frighteningly ancient though alright.

Trek was excellent, I think it will be blockbuster of the Summer even ahead of Transformers (although is it wrong that the Potter trailer looks really good?)

Set your faces to stunned...

I was never a fan of the tv series and don't recall ever seeing any of the films but I saw this last night and really enjoyed it, Simon Pegg was cringefull though.

I'm sure I'll get trekkie death threats and Yurn will probably punch me in the face next time I see him but has there ever been a worse character then Spook or a worse race then Vulcans??? All their scenes were just so cheesy and painfully boring. Nemoy should stick to songs about Hobbits.

I'm going to rape my way through most of your family.

I thought the film was alright, fun enough. Bit too light-hearted for my liking though. The guy playing McCoy was fucking amazing, nailed it on the head. Wasn't fussed on the rest of them, thought Chekov and Sulu were pretty good though.

Edit: Also, Bana should stick to playing Bad Guys, he's very good at it

I saw it in London a few days ago. LOVED IT
Spock is one hot vulcan. Seriously hot.
I cannot wait for the next one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back