the toasties in grogans (1 Viewer)

La La

i drink your milkshake
really hit the spot, don't they? i mean it's such simple fare, but i love them. and the mustard on the side does the trick. and washed down with a cold bulmers it's just deadly.

i'm right, amn't i.

yes, you are right. well done. gold star! i'd love a toastie right now, with mustard. or alternatively some veggie hotdog sausages from tesco also with mustard.

and cheese,

and possibly some onions or spinach.

i think the fact that mine tonight was made by a smiling man on the niceness level of my grandad also helped. he was all "oooh yes, a toastie. no problem" and scuttled off to make it, and i was all - awwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

i think the fact that mine tonight was made by a smiling man on the niceness level of my grandad also helped. he was all "oooh yes, a toastie. no problem" and scuttled off to make it, and i was all - awwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

aaahhh I know the guy you mean. sometimes there's a nice guy like that in the lord edward who makes nice pots of tea and coffee and insists on bringing them over and refuses tips.

I was in Grogans on tuesday, I was tempted.
How much are they? A ham and cheese toastie shouldn't cost more than €2, really.

I was in Grogans on tuesday, I was tempted.
How much are they? A ham and cheese toastie shouldn't cost more than €2, really.

Probably around that - €2-3
They make them right there too.
They're not the type that get bought in in those plastic toastie bags (a mesmerising invention those bags).

Grogan's toasties are indeed extremely good.

However, the best pub toastie in Dublin is undoubtably to be found at The Bachelor Inn. They make it on batch bread (of course) and make it fresh for you too. Or as Mr Brennan would say, 'they'll make it from scratch, on the batch. 'Natch.'

Rumours abound that the place is being sold, so try 'em while you can. Warning: Serious aul fella Dub pub, ladies will be stared at and flatulence is uninhibited. You may have to be quiet during the 6' O'clock news and the horses.

i love when your starved and have been drinking a few pints (but not too many that you can't eat) and those toasties are so yummy. i don't like ham but cheese and mustard is really good too. so simple. so satisfying. mmmmm mmmmmm. hunger is the best sauce. or is sauce the best sauce...

the pint and a toastie in the Bachelor Inn should be made into some heritage thing by UNESCO or whatever.

fuck, i'd love one now.

i love when your starved and have been drinking a few pints (but not too many that you can't eat) and those toasties are so yummy. i don't like ham but cheese and mustard is really good too. so simple. so satisfying. mmmmm mmmmmm. hunger is the best sauce. or is sauce the best sauce...

sometimes i think eating good food when drunk is a bit of a waste because one tends to scoff it down without savouring the flavours and then forget eating it at all

I like the idea because I normally get hungry when drinking. However, I watched the kid making one then taking money with the same glove, then making one, then throwing something in the bin and lifting the lid with the same glove, then making one again. It kind of ruined it for me. I should never sit at the bar. However, the last time I was there I did eat one again. Mostly because if I didn't, I would have been carried out of there. I just handle my liquor. Only saving grace is I don't get loud and dumb....just sleepy and quiet.

sometimes i think eating good food when drunk is a bit of a waste because one tends to scoff it down without savouring the flavours and then forget eating it at all

aye. there is no point in eating when locked. in fact, its pure gluttony. but after about 3 pints, thats a good time to eat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back