the things. (1 Viewer)

rampz

has anyone seen these guys lately? i caught them last night in voodoo.
theyre so deadly! tight as fuck and really entertaining. also, the lead singer was bleeding during their show last night. total r & r madness altogether.

anyway kudos to the things.

Seen them about 3-4 times as they were on the same bill as Punkish bands.
Not my type of music but they were good at what they done.

i never liked them, saw them a few times about 4 years ago and was so distracted by the lead guy - he came across as a douchebag.
that said, i would prob go see them again once more to see what they sound like today. but if that dude still has the stage presence of a gorilla beating its chest i'll probably just quietly slip away shaking my head.

they were great at the pink grease gig
only problem is with the use of the
microkorg. sounds really out of place

accidently caught a few minutes of them
in tower the other night too. all right simms?

i never liked them, saw them a few times about 4 years ago and was so distracted by the lead guy - he came across as a douchebag.
that said, i would prob go see them again once more to see what they sound like today. but if that dude still has the stage presence of a gorilla beating its chest i'll probably just quietly slip away shaking my head.
Yeah, i found the whole "i'm being really outrageous" thing pretty distracting too. Ah, i just have an aversion to overly image conscious bands.

I doubt they take themselves as seriously as Mainline/Humongzi-lead singer comes across as a coin-operated Iggy but they've a nice line in trashy psychobilly that makes for an enjoyable spectacle for about oooh half and hour.
Nice guys too, apparently-not that that matters a fig.

Humongzi-lead singer comes across as a coin-operated Iggy

At the last Jape gig I was at Richie broke a string on his strat and asked the audience if someone could change it for him. After he asked a couple of times to no avail I offered to do it and much to my embarrassment spent the next 15 minutes behind the curtains off to the side of the stage fighting with the backplate on the strat trying to get the old string out to no avail. Yer man from Humanzi popped his head round the curtain to ask what was up and if I needed a hand so he's sound in my book.

The next day I changed all the strings on my les paul in less time then it took to change that one string.

those backplates are a pain in the hole on strats- i took mine off. made life a whole lot easier

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back