The Smiths (1 Viewer)

Ian, you're sure taking a lot of FLAC over this.

It pathetic isn't it? If I'm going to download shite off the internet, I want it quickly and I don't want massive files cluttering up my HD... If I want "CD quality" then I'll go get the physical CD.

Not sure you have any idea what yer talking about. This took about 20 mins to download, as it's good it isn't "clutter" and as I have the ability to appreciate the diffenernce between most CDs and MP3s why shouldn't I get what sounds best to me?

So yeah, pretty much wrong on all counts, as everyone has pointed out.

Not sure you have any idea what yer talking about. This took about 20 mins to download, as it's good it isn't "clutter" and as I have the ability to appreciate the diffenernce between most CDs and MP3s why shouldn't I get what sounds best to me?

So yeah, pretty much wrong on all counts, as everyone has pointed out.

smug |sməg|
adjective ( smugger, smuggest)
having or showing an excessive pride in oneself or one's achievements : he was feeling smug after his win.

Flac enthusiasts piss me off with their holier than thou audiophile attitude when they don't even bother their arse to buy a physical copy. I guess thats the diffenernce.

Right, you want me to buy something that doesn't exist OR listen to worse sounding versions of stuff.

And if I or any points out the truth about the relative ACTUAL difference in quality, we're smug and should be told to fuck off.

No, I def see all of that.

That version of the The Queen is Dead is amazing. I'm not even sure if theres that much of a difference between it and the version that made the album (other than the production) but still, its deadly.

I don't understand how people consider themselves audiophiles and accept 'cd quality' FLAC files. I would have thought it would be 45 RPM 12" quality or, second best, Super Audio CD's. How do DVD albums compare to SACD's ? nlgbbbblth ?

I use mp3's myself because I don't care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back