The Smiths (2 Viewers)

I don't understand how people consider themselves audiophiles and accept 'cd quality' FLAC files. I would have thought it would be 45 RPM 12" quality or, second best, Super Audio CD's. How do DVD albums compare to SACD's ? nlgbbbblth ?

I use mp3's myself because I don't care.

DVD-A sounds just as good as SACD in my opinion. I don't have a SACD player (so SACDs sound like regular CDs on my standard player) but a mate does so have compared at his place.

Some of the best sounding CDs are from the early days - 1983 / 1984

e.g. the debut Level 42 album, the Warner Brothers disc, dates from 1984. Amazing. The two remasters don't compare.

Right, I own the four studio albums and Rank so what would be the best plan of attack in getting as many of the b-sides as possible on the minimum number of discs? i.e. which compilations should I be looking at? I started trying to track them but got tired and I'm hoping thumped has a quick answer for me.

Right, I own the four studio albums and Rank so what would be the best plan of attack in getting as many of the b-sides as possible on the minimum number of discs? i.e. which compilations should I be looking at? I started trying to track them but got tired and I'm hoping thumped has a quick answer for me.

Hatful of Hollow, The World Won't Listen and Louder than Bombs?

Download "Jeanne" from somewhere and I think
you'd probably have the full set, iirc.

Hatful of Hollow, The World Won't Listen and Louder than Bombs?

Download "Jeanne" from somewhere and I think
you'd probably have the full set, iirc.

Cheers. Wasn't sure if any of the newer compilations were more economical in terms of b-sides. Next amazon order sorted.

It's their Train in Vain/Hitsville UK

Ha! Two of my all-time favourite tunes.

Just consulting Wiki, I think there are a couple of b-sides, besides Jeanne, not covered on those comps....Work Is A Four Letter Word and I Keep Mine Hidden. Neither of which are their most exemplary work, imo.
Jeanne is deadly though. I first downloaded it from a fan-site in 1996. It took about a day and a half and the oul lad nearly had a seizure but he loved the Smiths too so it was grand in the end.

The World Won't Listen is a great comp for later b-sides/extras. There was a CD reissue, before the remastered one I think, that had Golden Lights tacked on.
HOH is brill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back