The Smears, Paranoid Visions, Fri June 20th Bohs (3 Viewers)

Westlife1.jpg

I heard the drummer gave Mickey a few kicks while he was otherwise engaged with Mr Dachau, doesn't say much for the calibre of the PV lads does it...

Then again I wasn't there so I can probably fuck right off sticking my oar in...

The drummer was a real hard lad alright.
When I say hard, I mean hard to get him to put his money where his mouth is when his mates aren't around.
This was the version I heard after the gig.

'Look at ya, ya fucking Westlife punk'
'I'll have you any time, mate. Any time.'
'Yeh? Well how about now?'
*gets into taxi and drives off*

:rolleyes:

well worth putting on a gig for the next week on eirecore to be full of talk of fighting and nothing else about same gig.

anyway at this rate googling gigs in bohs is going to bring up all this shit so perhaps those of you who want to continue talking about the fight could start a new thread without bohs in the title.

alternately as paranoid visions and most people in this thread will be in donegal at the weekend maybe sort it out there in the real world rather than the constant drip drip of posts on here.

just my tuppence worth.

I'm hoping for a fair fight where we duel with guitars and helmets.
We can bring laptops to discuss the aftermath too.

edit:
Oh! And our mates! Ya can't have a fight without loads of mates!

well worth putting on a gig for the next week on eirecore to be full of talk of fighting and nothing else about same gig.

anyway at this rate googling gigs in bohs is going to bring up all this shit so perhaps those of you who want to continue talking about the fight could start a new thread without bohs in the title.

alternately as paranoid visions and most people in this thread will be in donegal at the weekend maybe sort it out there in the real world rather than the constant drip drip of posts on here.

just my tuppence worth.

who asked ya .wait till i see you in donegal ya flake! :p

it was the weirdest thing that ever happend to me at the gig.
this old fella punch me in the back of my head with the guitar when i go to turn him a bit down coz he was playing on my amp and he was just about to wreck the amp. amp was on 100% and everyone knows that if you play like that it's gonna be broke.
he knows what i was doing coz he ask me 10 minutes before, during the gig to check what's wrong with the amp.
all i have to say is that this guy is a fucking coward. he did what he did when i was turned back and i didin't saw him. how brave is that?

thanks to everyone who called me today and ask how i'm doing.
7 stitches in the matter hospital do the job.

last words on this!

we had a "discussion" amongst ourselves about this.

Lets just say that following our "discussion" Joe is no longer a member of paranoid visions.

It seems that based on the comment you made above and my initial response, that I was mistaken. From all our points of view all we saw was your retaliation once you, apparantly, got a slap on the head...we missed the start of it and jumped to the wrong conclusion. But lets face it, thats what happens in the heat of the moment, everyone tends to rally around their mates and assume that the other person is the aggressor.

There is no room in this or any band for this sort of behaviour and it is disruptive to the scene, damaging to our reputation and jeapordises venues. It reminds me, as I said before, of the sad bad 80's where every gig got smashed up, it was heartbreaking week after week, it got to the stage where we used to pay one particular venue for a smashed toilet in advance of the gig. One gig in the north somewhere was smashed up by the barman who went "paddy bashing" with a baseball bat during our first song. I despise violence in all of its forms and am truly sorry that you ended up with a cut head, feel free to talk to me about this personally if we meet again and I'll buy you a drink to apologise for doubting you. I hope that you and us can put this behind us and move on, I understand if you can't stand us, but thats a thing called freedom of choice and is entirely up to you, I just hope that you don't hold one individuals actions against 5 others who jumped to the wrong conclusion

Either way, starting divisions and reinforcing cliques is not the way forward for the punk rock scene, we have always tried to play to everyone, hence the fact that we have played the lower deck and bohs AND the bigger venues like dorans, voodoo and the village. Lets face it, we are all just punk rock fans, the scene cannot be controlled, dictated by, contrived or limited by any individuals, us, toxic, boards, eircore, diy punks, westlife punks (nice one!), young people, old timers, venue owners, press etc etc etc

P.A

ahhh kenn's logging in as me!!

- Seriously though, fair play to ya PA and the rest of PV.
There's no place for that kind of shit, so fair play for tackling the problem.
Now ya have to sort out the mascara and yis will be grand!

ahhh kenn's logging in as me!!

- Seriously though, fair play to ya PA and the rest of PV.
There's no place for that kind of shit, so fair play for tackling the problem.
Now ya have to sort out the mascara and yis will be grand!

yeah mascara.....drink and drugs do starnge things to peoples assumption as to what looks good! I put it down to freedom of visual expression....or alternatively, looking like a mongo

we have a new guitarist already...kev that used to play bass, won't be playing saturday tho so we will be a bit more gnarly and gratey as nobody will be there to temper down my "all over the camp" guitar style!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back