The 'share a song you can't stop playing' thread (3 Viewers)

New Ariel Pink single with a beautiful, heartbreaking video directed by Grant Singer. It's about loneliness, isolation & hope. Real emotion is not something you expect from a music video. It's just great.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The Beat played on Saturday, they were absolutely brilliant.
It was Ranking Roger from the original band, and his son Ranking Junior, and a really good backing of sax, guitar, bass, drums, and his daughter Saffron got up for a few songs. First time seeing them...I plan on not missing them again.

I LOVE when he says "I doubt it...stand down Margaret"!

Ranking Roger is a GREAT frontman. Crowd totally up for it too, especially after the Bionic Rats, who were class too. Every person in there was hopping about for the whole night. Some guy tried to get up on stage and got thrown out, Roger ran out and got him back in, big cheer, yer man ended up getting thrown out twice more. Best €20 + beer money I've spent in ages.

I love the Beat but my favourite album by a long shot is Special Beat Service and I get the impression that the Ranking Roger version are more I Just Can't Stop It kinda setlist?

bweaks my heawt.

Speaking of The Beat, this song is getting loads of spins round my way of late

bweaks my heawt.

her vid is creeepy!

I love the Beat but my favourite album by a long shot is Special Beat Service and I get the impression that the Ranking Roger version are more I Just Can't Stop It kinda setlist?

That's exactly right...I think it was the entire I Just Can't Stop It album, with Doors Of Your Heart and Save It For Later off the other two, and a few oddments. I didn't see the setlist online, not sure how accurate my recall it. They did a fierce version of Rock The Casbah (he recorded a version of this with The Clash, never got released). They also did some of Ranking Junior's new tunes, and a couple of Ranking Roger's solo bits. Those tunes were fine, but it was a bit of a lull in an otherwise pretty flawless "run-through-the-hits" type gig. No Pato And Roger A Go Talk, which Roger wrote. I guess the feel of the gig (so possibly the setlist too) was at least in part dictated by the crowd, at one point he asked if we wanted faster or slower stuff, there was an almost unanimous roar for faster.
I think Special Beat Service is amazing, I'm very fond of the energy in the first one too though.

Symmetry remix of the Chromatics track from the Lost River score.
<3

Edit: I just released I've been playing this with the ambient sound of the Nostromo in the background. It really works with the track!

The management need to have a word with nick kamen on the right. "Hey Fonzi get with the 70's west coast look"

this is fantastic

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back