The Search for the Perfect Pop Song (1 Viewer)

jane

Website
www.ittybittyhearingtrumpet.wordpress.com
Someday I will find it. Some days it becomes my reason for living.

So here is a thread dedicated to it. Who comes close to doing the perfect pop song to you? And I mean 'pop' in all its forms, be it the classic stuff, or even modern charty things, 'cause I'm sure we can all admit there's some great stuff out there, even if it is marketed in the same way they market the rubbish.

My candidates so far are:

* Joni Mitchell: All of Blue, and 'Night in the City' off of Song to a Seagull, or, well a whole load of her earlier stuff.

* Most of the Go-Betweens, but possibly the closest to perfection for me are 'Spring Rain' and 'Cattle and Cane'.

* Guided By Voices: 'Back to the Lake'

* Ted Leo/Pharmacists: 'Under the Hedge'

I'm sure I have more, but them's the ones from the top of me head.

I have long been of the opinion that Anal Cunt's 'Kyle From Incantation Has A Mustache' delivers everything one could possibly want from a song.

jane said:

Yeah!

But I'd have to go for

Big Star: September Girls

You're a nut if you don't think 'This Town Aint Big Enough For The Both Of Us' by Sparks isn't the best pop song in all of the ever time. And the rest of Kimono My House being songs 2-12.

How dare you sir. The Summerisle Hörspiel he did with Anne Laplantine was the best thing I heard last year.

ICUH8N said:
How dare you sir. The Summerisle Hörspiel he did with Anne Laplantine was the best thing I heard last year.

Arah now. He's a first rate piss artist but a composer of classic pop hits?

I ask you.

Strange Powers by The Magnetic Fields

if you ain't heard it, I'm jealous

cause I wish I could back and experience its genius for the first time again

jane said:
Someday I will find it. Some days it becomes my reason for living.

So here is a thread dedicated to it. Who comes close to doing the perfect pop song to you? And I mean 'pop' in all its forms, be it the classic stuff, or even modern charty things, 'cause I'm sure we can all admit there's some great stuff out there, even if it is marketed in the same way they market the rubbish.

My candidates so far are:

* Joni Mitchell: All of Blue, and 'Night in the City' off of Song to a Seagull, or, well a whole load of her earlier stuff.

* Most of the Go-Betweens, but possibly the closest to perfection for me are 'Spring Rain' and 'Cattle and Cane'.

* Ted Leo/Pharmacists: 'Under the Hedge'

I'm sure I have more, but them's the ones from the top of me head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back