The Rovers Return (1 Viewer)

Nice one. Anyone seen the Roy of the Rovers books that were supposedly out befroe Christmas, compilations of particular seasons of the story? I haven't.

One other thing... there was a football comic I absolutely adored as a youngfella. It was fortnightly or monthly and very hard to find. It was small, as small as or smaller than a copybook in size and each issue would feature one long story and one short story. Does anyone remember this? My favourite story was 'The Brothers'. The 2 brothers grow up with one always in the other's shadow. The hot shot eventually gets picked for England, while the other is a valued batter in the 2nd division. He discovers that the grandda is Welsh and declares for Wales, and is then the difference as Wales beat England at Wembley. Emotional stuff.

One other thing... there was a football comic I absolutely adored as a youngfella. It was fortnightly or monthly and very hard to find. It was small, as small as or smaller than a copybook in size and each issue would feature one long story and one short story. Does anyone remember this? .

i remember those. didnt they have a photo of a real footballer in them? and wasnt there a war stories version in the same format?

i remember those. didnt they have a photo of a real footballer in them? and wasnt there a war stories version in the same format?

Yeah, they had a real footballer on the back.
I'm not aware of the war stories ones, I was only ever into football comics.

Wasn't it simply just called "Football Monthly"? 2 of them came out a month?

Some recurring characters like this mercenary footballer type who moved from club to club when they were in trouble. Kinda like a littleest hobo but with football boots. And not a dog.

And a team simply called "United"

commando?
Commando0093.jpg

Is it just a coincidence that Spandau Ballet have reformed just when Melchester Rovers make a return too?

rotr6.jpg

And with Zenit St. Petersburg winning the UEFA cup recently, will we see the return of the "crack Eastern European team".

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back