The Rocky Road To Dublin (1 Viewer)

watched the documentary there, first time I've seen any footage of Paris '68-looked like a larff

Lookin forward to the film too, gonna try get the parents to watch it and see how accurate they reckon it is (they grew up in the '60s) Could lead to an interesting conversation....

nlgbbbblth said:
Documentary on the making of (The View presents) - due to start now on RTE 1.

The film itself is on tomorrow night, 10.15pm RTE 1.

.|..|
shit. would have recorded that making of if i'd known. have to record the film for the ma cos apparently my uncle & aunt are in it...

Jesus, Ireland really was swinging in the 60s wasn't it?

That priest was some twat. He had a couple of kids at the time of filming didn't he?

pete said:
That was my uncle singing The Rocky Road To Dublin there in O'Donoghues.

really? that was savage singing. can you sing like that? that bit and the end scene whrer the kids were all rungin down the street after the camera were deadly. the kids in school were a bit disturbing though. i have it on dvd that i copied including the making 9f bit. did someone say something about wanting a copy? i forget now...

pete said:
That was my uncle singing The Rocky Road To Dublin there in O'Donoghues.

Amazing.

No way! That was my favourite bit of the doc. What an amazing singer and I loved his shoulder action!

Fr Michael Cleary was an idiot. Spouting off about sacrificing for the Lord and living a celibate life while in reality he was riding rings around himself.

The kids running down the street at the end was amazing! Ah kids, they are the future you know.

taped this but still half watched it. really interesting. looking forward to watching it properly v soon.

there was interesting programme about fr. michael cleary on tv a few days ago. loadsa "yes, I'd like to get married and have kids, but I've chosen my road blah etc." late late show moments. irony. interesting coincidence that he and bishop casey were such close mates. then, I suppose other priests have done far worse.

wait wait wait

Luke Kelly was your uncle?

How come you don't drop that little nugget into your posts more often?

I would!

Which reminds me ..

Luke Kelly...Dubliners
Dubliners played on a Rory Gallgaher tune( Barley and Grape rag)

heres me .... etc
rgallagher_grave.jpg

johnnystress said:
wait wait wait

Luke Kelly was your uncle?
er, no. the dubliners & luke kelly are credited at the start of the documentary, but the scene in o'donoghues is gordon & ted ("the red") mckenna.

pete said:
er, no. the dubliners & luke kelly are credited at the start of the documentary, but the scene in o'donoghues is gordon & ted ("the red") mckenna.

ahhh, missed that part

I withdraw my earlier enthusiasm

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back