The REVS on Hot Press Awards Show! (1 Viewer)

Trisky

Website
Visit site
I don't think I have ever been so embarrassed for a band as I was for the Revs singing that unbelievably bad 'Wired to the moon' song on the awards show. It was spectacularly bad. Am I alone in thinking this?

what would you rather? flying without wings by westlife? it was the hot press awards show. what did you expect.

the revs can do what they want, s'far as i'm concerned. they work hard and use clearasil and one of them has a corner in temple bar named after him. if you don't like them, fair enough. i'm sure there's also tens of millions of other bands you don't like. great. why don't we all try and conccentrate on the positive. the revs won't be around for ever, they're just not good enough. unless they suddenly become good enough. which i doubt. but any way. i hope they enjoy themselves. i would. in the meantime i choose to ignore them. and if that means not watching the hot press awards, then, booo fucking hooo, i won't.

Hector,
you are right. Silence was only a remote control click away when the Revs were on my tv but I had never heard them before (although I had heard the hype), so I watched the whole song just to see what the fuss was about. I just can't believe they would waste an opportunity like that by playing so badly. I was not bashing the Revs as a band (I don't know enough of their stuff to do that) I was just making a comment on their performance of that song. Didn't mean to rile you. I take your point about concentrating on the positive, but let me ask you this; have you ever heard a song and said 'that is crap!'? Well if you haven't your a better man than me. If you have uttered these words then you are a hypocrite for having a go at someone for expressing an opinion.

oh, yeah... you get the wrong end of the stick. the revs are really, seriously, chronically bad. i had to sit through a whole gig of theirs once. it was groin numbingly painful. i'm saying, i'd have turned the station and watched some puppies or something, if they came on, or at least seen the frankly hillarious side. i gathered all the information nessacary during that gig. they will always suck. so now i no longer have to worry about that. so if they get free charlie and rent boys cos they play cod funk pop bollocks to ten year olds fair play to them. ultimately, who cares? spend your energies listening to something that gives you pleasure instead. or read a book. or if ye want i'll give one of them a few digs for ye for 50 yurps. eh?

ahhh, lifes too short eggbert. plus i'm tired of being introduced as the surly one.

or maybe it's true?

i love you all. especially the superladies.

David Kitt butchering when doves cry was worse.......don't mess with the classics dave !bog

Attachments

• drcprn1.jpg
    drcprn1.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 65

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back