The Redneck Manifesto, Friday 7th of May, Whelans (1 Viewer)

schmegeggin said:
the amc believe in charging less, cause this will entice more people to show up for the gig, eg the rednecks played the amc birthday bash last december in the high stool and we charged a fiver in and it was absoluteley jammers. the rednecks were well payed and i think they sold lots of merch/cds, everyone wins, yay!!!!!!

RockRating.gif
define well paid
3 old pounds x 150 people / no of bands ...? .....?

are you on crack? why on earth would one of the promoters start telling total randomers all that shit on the internet?

worst thread ever. i mean, great thread.

andrew

yep, says €16 on the whelans website and €12 on this. €16 is a tad expensive for a local band in whelans, it's gotta be said... i'm sure whelans got it wrong.

speaking as a punter I'd rather be at a gig where there's 50 people paying a tenner then 100 people paying a fiver (same total taken at door) as I've found over the years that folk who get in free (guestlists, etc) tend not to have so much invested in the gig and are the ones most likely to be chatting through a bands performance as a consequence.

If you have 50 hardcore fans in somewhere like the lobby down here the gig is far more enjoyable both for me as a punter and, i believe, the band who prefer to be playing to folk who are genuinely interested in them rather than some chatty fuckers who wandered in because it was cheap admission.

I've lost count of the amount of shows i've attended over the years that were ruined for me by some cunt next to me talking through the entire gig

what's that got to do with the difference between €12 and €16? €12 doesn't mean guest list...

deadly. i love these arguements where people give out about the price of a gig. i love them. i mean, the new redknecks album, all recorded and that was paid for by the lads collecting clouds in a vase and selling them to the japanese, so it's not like they need the money or are in this business to make their mucis accessible or anything. is it?

dude! matty posted €12 euros himself! i said "i'm sure whelans got it wrong"... trm bend over backwards to charge around a tenner in every time. we're all aware they have costs to cover... jesus. instant headache!

hag said:
dude! matty posted €12 euros himself! i said "i'm sure whelans got it wrong"... trm bend over backwards to charge around a tenner in every time. we're all aware they have costs to cover... jesus. instant headache!
yeah but, 12 euro for a gig? in my day 12 yurps would get you a bag of whores and the stench of an arse, and six gigs by the null set, as well as a snack box and a can of lcl. where's the love? come on, jim carrol is on to something, isn't he? there is a "scene" isn't there?

i bet you those redneck pricks won't carry all their gear to the venue on their backs like proper bands either. cunts.

thegoone said:
i dont think they give a funk about cunts complainin on here about the price anyway
i was just wonderin if whelans are doin a shneaky wan?
they won't be making their money off the door or the tickets. they get bar takings and a rental fee. the rednecks will pack the gaf, so everyones happy, unless they've got a straight edge audience...

Hector Grey said:
yeah but, 12 euro for a gig? in my day 12 yurps would get you a bag of whores and the stench of an arse, and six gigs by the null set, as well as a snack box and a can of lcl. where's the love? come on, jim carrol is on to something, isn't he? there is a "scene" isn't there?

i bet you those redneck pricks won't carry all their gear to the venue on their backs like proper bands either. cunts.
heh. null set gigs... heh heh heh. such a load of knickers. there is no scene. there is no LCL. it was all a dream. can we make with the loving now please? if they are charging €16 blips in, which i doubt, it will set a bit of a precedent which i guess is what's surprising. i mean there's 50 people in the cake and yous have always charged 10-12 euros in, right? i bet whelans made a mistake. chicken curry and chips please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back