The Radio Dept (1 Viewer)

travispickle

I'm sure there have to be some fans of these guys on here. Seems like I've been listening to nothing else for months! Can someone please bring them over to play?
Here's a taste -

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

.|..|

I know, their tours are infrequent and they seem to play out of the way places. Have you seen them play before?

Such an incredible band. I'd bring them over in a second if I thought that there'd be more than 20 people there. They used to have a really bad reputation live but, from what I've heard, they seem to be enjoying it a bit more these days.

I wanted to license Pet Grief for the UK & Ireland on yesboyicecream but it was too expensive. That, and the fact that I hated the album when Labrador sent it to me, because I sort of wanted Lesser Matters MKII. After months of repeatedly going back to it, I grew to love it.

Here's some more:

Possibly my favourite Radio Dept. song:

And something from Lesser Matters (love the video):

hey emmet,
Dez from Crumb here.
i'm sure you'd get more than 20 people showing up!! they're one of those bands people would come out of the woodwork for. Pet Grief was my first introduction to them and I loved it from the start!!! such a great album. I've only recently got Lesser Matters, but I love that too. Clinging..is great too. In fact, every bloody thing they do is great!!!! Bring them over man!!!!!!!

hey emmet,
Dez from Crumb here.
i'm sure you'd get more than 20 people showing up!! they're one of those bands people would come out of the woodwork for. Pet Grief was my first introduction to them and I loved it from the start!!! such a great album. I've only recently got Lesser Matters, but I love that too. Clinging..is great too. In fact, every bloody thing they do is great!!!! Bring them over man!!!!!!!

Hey Dez! I did suggest to Derrick once that Crumb should do a cover of "Where Damage Isn't Already Done" - you would have done a great version.

I've always sort of thought that two good indicators of size locally are whether or not someone puts them on here when they're touring and how easy it is to get their records here. I don't think I've ever seen any of the EPs here.

I hate organising gigs (anything, really) but Radio Dept. would be worth it. I'll give you an update at the Crumb single launch!

Hmm, well I'm sure you're probably right; though Tower have copies of their albums....anyhoo, let's just use this thread to post their great music, whatever else happens! At least some folks might discover some new music! talk to you soon.

Their "David" EP from last year was outstanding, every song on it was tiptop, but "Clinging to a scheme" didnt quite live up to me expectations but I dont think it ever could since i listen to that EP to a loving death.

The "sincere gratitude" line nearly wrecks this song for me but the music itself is so gripping and that extended outro is the business.

I only listened to "clinging" once and wasn't into into atall at all. Loved lesser matters and that's all I've heard.

i don't have the David EP Cletus, but i think i'll be remedying that pretty soon. i find the more i listen to them, the better the stuff gets. their songs are real growers. i'm loving clinging..at the moment, just for the sheer detail on every tune..beautifully recorded.
And despite your comment above, I think that line works on A Token of Gratitude..just about! the melody is strong enough to carry it though i think. yep agree on the outro....lovely stuff.

I'm taking back the whole not into clinging to a scheme sentiment

How was the gig Corrientes?
Gig was great..although a little too short, but that was always going to be the case :)
Good mix of tunes but i felt he could have played a few more earlier tracks.The tent was 3/4 packed although he was up against Dinosaur Jr on the bill.
Very civil and tame crowd for the whole festival in general. No drinking allowed in the venue whatsoever ..they have designated drinking/eating areas beside the stages. very different to any other fest ive been at... but good none the less

great to see thsi thread. i was really obsessed with these guys and recently got back into them again.

i would love to bring them over but seems pretty tough. it would be harm looking into it. ill keep you updated with any news, fingers crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back