the pretty pointless distractions in life (1 Viewer)

Well, I don't get much sleep so I savior what I can get. Will you/god make me less cranky with even less? If so, that can go too.

Well I figure you'd be pretty happy cos you don't have to sleep and sleep really pisses you off

i was thinking of developing a taxonomy of distraction.

I'm not so sure anymore.

life is made up of these things. take them away and what do we have? what is life? help me understand this, b'arm. what should i be doing, that's not taken with the pointless distraction of say...reading a book, or writing a story, or drawing a picture, or kicking a ball over some very tall trees. or going to venice. or getting drunk. what else is there? helping some beggers in calcutta?

life is made up of these things. take them away and what do we have? what is life? help me understand this, b'arm. what should i be doing, that's not taken with the pointless distraction of say...reading a book, or writing a story, or drawing a picture, or kicking a ball over some very tall trees. or going to venice. or getting drunk. what else is there? helping some beggers in calcutta?

see, i don't know what you should be doing and I don't think it is for me to say. Many people think distractions are bad and pointless but as you say they are fundamental for structure and meaning.

Maybe a taxonomy of distractions would allow the confused and adrift create structure and meaning with strategic conviction.

and maybe I could sell this taxonomy in the form of a book gently littered with anecdotes and pretty pictures. (patent pending)

see, i don't know what you should be doing and I don't think it is for me to say. Many people think distractions are bad and pointless but as you say they are fundamental for structure and meaning.

Maybe a taxonomy of distractions would allow the confused and adrift create structure and meaning with strategic conviction.

and maybe I could sell this taxonomy in the form of a book gently littered with anecdotes and pretty pictures. (patent pending)

sounds like you need some distractions. have you tried flies?

capture_180.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back