The Pains of Being Pure at Heart (1 Viewer)

Moods For Mallards

I like their album.
I would go as far as to call it 'very good'.
I will physically buy it when it's available.
They remind me of what I think all olden day indie that you all enjoy sounds like, but in a good way.

They also sound successful. As in, the songs are melodic and catchy. So this thread will probably be deeply uncool when they headline Oxegen in 2011.

Oh, and they also continue the trend of singers who are not from Scotland singing in a vaguely Scottish accent.

i like the songs i heard - i listened to them in the weekly "Other Music" email that goes out every week.

will probably pick up the album!

I have it on headphones right now for my second listen so far. No sign of me flipping out yet, but I'll keep doing my best, and let you know how I get on

stick with it, it's a grower... also benifits from full on speaker action, the Low End is HUGE

surely you as a dad can relate to My Girls and Daily Routine

Make sure my kid's got a jacket
Keys and coat and shoes and hat
Strap a stroller to my back
Bouncing along every crack

If the listener has to relate to an album in order to appreciate appreciate it, then the album shouln't be appreciated.

I love that Pains album - they were selling advance copies of it back when they supported the wedding present before Christmas. It's not particularly groundbreaking or anything but they do the fuzzy indiepop thing really well. They were great live too and are apparently back in the UK in May - any chance somebody would put them on here again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back