the one that makes you go "fuck yeah" (1 Viewer)

La La

i drink your milkshake
so we've all been heartily snapping away for a while now - but amongst all your work, there must be one that stands out. one you always find yourself looking at......and feeling a little sense of pride when you do.
so - i would like you guys to post the photo you would consider your best/favourite work and why.
:)

*anyone who considers this thread up itself, bollock off! photos are for personal pleasure as well as the enjoyment that comes from showing them to others! :p

i'll start:

alleyway in causeway bay, HK, a little under 3 years ago. i had just been given my camera and it was one of the first pictures i ever took with it. had been walking along when we stopped near this alleyway waiting for the lights to change so we could cross the road. there was a bit of activity - mainly regular people just going about their everyday lives....but looking at it now it is for me the absolute embodiment of 'real' hong kong, and a side of this city that i hope never fades.
i am so glad that man put that cigarette in his mouth and glanced up at me at that moment - he absolutely makes this photo, i think :)

alleyway.jpg

this is one of my favourites, although a lot of other folk dont particularly like it. first time out with a new camera, saw the lady under the tree (parnell st), didnt have time to focus properly but snapped away anway. This scan is a bit dark, the actual print is a lot nicer
womweb.jpg

this is another one; taken at an anti war march a few years ago;

215dfeab.jpg

and finally this one; taken at the huner strike protest last summer.

e5bd505f.jpg

it's gas how you view your own photos relative to others. i've had people pick out photos of mine which i wouldn't have given a second glance.
anyway, i've got stuff on velvia 120 at home which i've never scanned, because my flatbed scanner is incapable of even beginning to capture the colours correctly. i've considered hiring a pro scanner.

this is velvia, but 35mm, which i have a decent scanner for.
310307021.jpg

lovely, the colour balance of slide film is deadly.

it's gas how you view your own photos relative to others. i've had people pick out photos of mine which i wouldn't have given a second glance.
anyway, i've got stuff on velvia 120 at home which i've never scanned, because my flatbed scanner is incapable of even beginning to capture the colours correctly. i've considered hiring a pro scanner.

this is velvia, but 35mm, which i have a decent scanner for.
310307021.jpg

There'll all deadly Johnny and Lala's I love that kinda stuff.

Here's my two, first one just beats the second one. They both hold a hell of a lot of emotion especially for me as well as being photos I like a lot. They were taken on my praktica after I'd broken my eos100 dropping it on a tiled floor.

144238092_d546d64bbd.jpg

144238091_71290518c0.jpg

aw man i love all these pics so far. the one goff took on teh liffey, magic's botany stuff, moose's bali bombing stuff - i can see why you chose them all in particular. and thanks for posting taht army pic johnny - that's my fave of yours.

so we've all been heartily snapping away for a while now - but amongst all your work, there must be one that stands out. one you always find yourself looking at......and feeling a little sense of pride when you do.
so - i would like you guys to post the photo you would consider your best/favourite work and why.
:)

*anyone who considers this thread up itself, bollock off! photos are for personal pleasure as well as the enjoyment that comes from showing them to others! :p

i'll start:

alleyway in causeway bay, HK, a little under 3 years ago. i had just been given my camera and it was one of the first pictures i ever took with it. had been walking along when we stopped near this alleyway waiting for the lights to change so we could cross the road. there was a bit of activity - mainly regular people just going about their everyday lives....but looking at it now it is for me the absolute embodiment of 'real' hong kong, and a side of this city that i hope never fades.
i am so glad that man put that cigarette in his mouth and glanced up at me at that moment - he absolutely makes this photo, i think :)

alleyway.jpg
This pic rules!
You had another one a few months back La La. I think it was of another narrow alleyway but it was on a really steep slope, if memory serves. That one ruled too.

I took this years ago in Peru. I guess all of the boys are grown men by now. I just wish it was a tiny bit darker so you could see the marbles on the ground. Love how much is going on in it and how much the photo remind me of the different personalities involved.

Peru007.jpg

this is one of my favourites, although a lot of other folk dont particularly like it. first time out with a new camera, saw the lady under the tree (parnell st), didnt have time to focus properly but snapped away anway. This scan is a bit dark, the actual print is a lot nicer

this is another one; taken at an anti war march a few years ago;

and finally this one; taken at the huner strike protest last summer.

e5bd505f.jpg

I always liked the owl' wan pic. It's brilliant. And this one is better.

From the Irish Ferris protest. Just ran around like a mad thing taking shots of everyone. Got lots of smiles and a few grumpy ones...

438589311_e0be95793f.jpg

One of the first images I took with my Bronica in a beautiful graveyard.
How I :heart: my Bronica and its detail!!

502186219_098d5635bf.jpg

I can't pick one i like most because all i see in any photo is what i missed, but this one brings back the most memories - guitars, fists, topless ladies, naked fat dudes, sweat, beer and a pair of feet in the top left that come from nowhere. I love Fest.

290597712_13a1128413_o.jpg

I must have missed this thread the first time around but here goes. I am pretty sure I have posted this picture here before ...

1797640-md.jpg

I took it in Morocco a good few years ago now. I was in a car driving between Marrakech and Essouria on the coast when we drove through this town that had some sort of festival on. 20 minutes of photo heaven before we had to leave. I like the timelessness of it and I think the line of people sitting on the wall at the back really make the shot.

Here .. I was thinking about something the other day and this thread really confirms it. I was thinking that whenever I have gotten a new camera I always get one or two shots I really like off the very first roll or two I shoot with it. Several people on this thread seem to have taken their favourite photo while trying out a new camera. Weird, eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back