THE NOTWIST play The Button Factory on Sat. June 7th. Tickets on sale at 9am tomorrow (1 Viewer)

miguel_myriad

* Tickets on sale at 9am tomorrow *

Stunning German indie rock outfit who finally return to the fray with a new album this May, their first since ‘Neon Golden’ in 2002, and a long overdue Irish show.

POD Concerts presents

THE NOTWIST

Support: Halfset, Shock DJs

Saturday June 7th

THE BUTTON FACTORY
Curved Street – Dublin 2.
Doors – 8pm

Tickets €17.50 (inc. booking fee) available from Ticketmaster, Road Records, City Discs, Sound Cellar and usual outlets. www.ticketmaster.ie

www.notwist.com
www.myspace.com/thenotwistnow
www.halfset.com
www.myspace.com/halfset
www.stateofshock.net

May 2008 will finally see the return of The Notwist. Following on from their 2002 landmark album ‘Neon Golden’, the band has once again spent an amount of time in the studio in which many other bands manage to record two albums, tour around the world twice and break up. Not our men from Bavaria though. They have crafted an album, radically different from its predecessor, albeit so stunningly beautiful, so multi-faceted and so deep, and at times so dark, you will not hear anything else like it this year.

The as of yet untitled album will be 43 minutes long, broken down into 11 songs. The first single will not be a single but a video. The first show will be in Prague.

Formed near Munich as a hardcore punk band, the Notwist gradually began to embrace a fusion of classic '80s indie-pop songwriting and scruffy electronic backings indebted to Oval and Autechre. The quartet is comprised of brothers Markus and Micha Acher (on vocals/guitar and bass, respectively) plus programmer/keyboard player Martin Gretschmann and drummer Martin Messerschmidt.

Re: THE NOTWIST play The Button Factory on Sat. June 7th. Tickets on sale at 9am tomo

FUCKING DEAAAAAADDDDDDLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh man that has made my (relatively ok) Wednesday into a Super Wednesday!

Cant wait
Cant wait
Cant wait
Cant wait
Cant wait
Cant wait
Cant wait
Cant wait
Cant wait
Cant wait
Cant wait
etc
etc

Re: THE NOTWIST play The Button Factory on Sat. June 7th. Tickets on sale at 9am tomo

Was wondering what this lot were up to.

Are they good live?

One of my favourite favourite bands, but they've never impressed me live!:confused:

Same day as Radiohead... can we mention that, dunno who's promoting?

Pod Concerts & Shock Present:

- The Notwist
- Halfset Live
- Gareth Averill (Shock Outputs) Live
- Shock DJs

The Notwist... Never really saw the appeal

whenever they came on in me iTeweyins I always though it was some Postal Service B side

Here, you checkin your gee at all?

fuckin answer then

I'll knock into your gaff tonight after the soundcheck. Have much food made for me.

what year are you?
cafe80s.jpg

I'll knock into your gaff tonight after the soundcheck. Have much food made for me.

Yeah right.
You can have toast if you bring bread.

The Notwist... Never really saw the appeal

Must be mad. Although me and Kavanelli will be at his wedding, so I'm choosing to listen to the naysayers. Unless there's another Irish date added.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back