The Non-Animated JPEG Thread (4 Viewers)

WOuld you not consider something a little less ninj-sesque?
tumblr_l0o928TP561qafnvu.jpg

A:Written word was bothersome to the ancient Greeks. Still an issue now, rote learning is no longer in fashion, retention of knowledge no longer valued.

B:I doubt anyone complained about the printing press other than tyrants and overlords.

C: No comprende.

Yeah there's nothing new under the sun, we complain about change, even while adoring it. My own whinery directly pertains to the dismantling of an industry that employed many, many people in decently paid jobs and its replacement with clickbait bullshit content created by under- or unpaid free labour. It can't and probably shouldn't be stopped but celebrating new ICTs destruction and displacement of whole industries in a very short period of time isn't something I'm wont to do. Especially since these guilded ICTs firms don't seem particularly bothered about paying their taxes, nor in many instances the rights of their workers. I kinda liked the idea of being middle class but it seems that that idea died with the 20th Century.

I'd add to that the fact that standards in journalism have dropped significantly since the internet, basically because you can amend stories on the fly and the main object of the game now seems to be to get there first rather than to be either accurate or insightful.

Of course I also think music is shitter since the internet and complain about it by writing articles on an internet site.

I really am the worst amn't I ?*

*That's probably a door I shouldn't have opened.

They're by Kevin Freeney, as I'm sure you're aware - by coincidence, there's a short documentary where his sons are interviewed here:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

There's more of his stuff here, it's great, and great to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back