The New Kanye West Album (1 Viewer)

Jim Daniels

Burls Forever
Supporter
Since 2000
Website
twitter.com
The one with no cover sleeve.

Heard a track on the radio yesterday and it sounded really great musically but awful lyrically.
Now I'm thorn - is he worth investigating? I can't bring myself to You Tube him 'cause of all the inane comments. Always avoided him before.

His first album was deadly. Though when I was into it, I was taking a lot of drugs at the time. Never really listened to him after that.

I've always liked his records. Most people have the impression of him as a colossal asshole because of his public persona, I don't pay any attention to that.

Late Registration is a fantastic record. As is My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.
I kind of hated Watch The Throne initially, but it's a solid favourite now.

I'm still undecided on Yeezus. It's not as immediate as his other stuff. We shall see.

I do like the line "And I know she like chocolate men, she got more niggas off than Cochran"

Lyrically it's one of the most offensive things i've ever heard. Good album though.

Not sure why he's not getting shit for what he did to Strange Fruit.

The one with no cover sleeve.

Heard a track on the radio yesterday and it sounded really great musically but awful lyrically.
Now I'm thorn - is he worth investigating? I can't bring myself to You Tube him 'cause of all the inane comments. Always avoided him before.

Listen to him here first

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I would have thought shit lyrics on an album by a rapper make it just shit, no? I mean you wouldn't say that you really like Miles Davis's Kind Of Blue except for the trumpet playing would you?

I would have thought shit lyrics on an album by a rapper make it just shit, no? I mean you wouldn't say that you really like Miles Davis's Kind Of Blue except for the trumpet playing would you?

This seems like a fair point to me. I don't listen to a whole heap of rap/hip-hop or whatever the fuck it's called these days but if, say, Shakey Dog by Ghostface Killah was about him going to get some chicken and then smoking crack with a bitch or something, as opposed to a cinematic description of a house break-in, it wouldn't be even a quarter as good as it is.

Sure isn't the background music the same thing over and over on these recordings.

He's a producer too though isn't he? beats etc.

I haven't heard the album though, and I'm going to go to no lengths to remedy that, I haven't enjoyed anything he's done since that album he produced for Common.

Could be worth a shot, as far as I know I'm not a fan of his production but I'd be willing to listen to someone who is.

anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back