the most effective way to nap??? (1 Viewer)

La La

i drink your milkshake
i've heard the old adage that "a 20 minute power nap" is the best way to get some kip enabling you to get some rest and wake feeling somewhat refreshed. i dunno though, 20 mins never seems enough for me but if i sleep longer i end up going into a deeper sleep and waking up just as groggy.

suggestions pls. !zed !zed !zed !zed

my after work - before going out naps are proving not-so successful. (not sleeping at all or sleeping too long)

are you trying to do this at work?

so that's why my boss keeps giving me dirty looks ;)

nah, last few weeks work has me shattered so ive been trying to nap when i get home just for 20 mins or so but it hasnt been helping. i shall try the on-top-of-duvet thing and give it an hour or two so :)

I love napping. generally around 2 or 3pm i get very drowsy. if im at work or need to do something that requires thought then if possible (unfortunatly its not always an option) i'll cross my arms on the desk and rest me head on them. 10 to 20 minutes of this and the drowsyness will usually wash over me and go on about its business but if i try and fight it off it'll hang around all afternoon harrassing me.

I find it *really* hard to nap. I end up really groggy or annoyed cos I couldn't sleep. I was up from 7am - 5am on friday and didn't nap once. Still wrecked though. Would love to do that whole siesta thing - saw a documentary on it once, what they do is all the family (etc) gathers in the tv room or somewhere, they pull the blinds and all fall asleep on the furniture - so like dowel said, don't go under the duvet!

yeah napping IS great - if you dont have to do anything that evening. it's when i plan to go out later but am so tired from work i need to nap - i dunno, it kinda makes me wanna stay in when i wake up. purpose defeated.

damn me and my shit sleeping skillz.

Probably not much help but I find getting a really early night the night before helps me. Naps just don't work for me unless it's like 3 hours or more which is almost a nights sleep anyhow.

I used to do forty to sixty minutes in a dark room (but not in bed) which helped me to recover between training sessions. I suppose it's different for everyone, though.

Was never a big believer in power naps. Thought they were stupid like.I konk out in the nursery the odd late afternoon for about ten minutes and am then woken by the nipper. Actually helps.

I sleep with my eyes open. Like when i was in the 'Nam. Actually Helps.

Salvador Dali (I think) recommended you nap in a chair on a hard floor with a spoon in your hand, and let the spoon hitting the floor wake you up. Makes for a short nap, but it is refreshing

yeah i was going to mention this. apparently he used to have a tin plate in his lap and the spoon would hit off the plate and wake him up, and thus he'd remember his dreams and paint them.

i was actually talking about different amounts of sleep with my dad last night. he was saying that einstein used to sleep up to 20 hours a day during the peak of his genius. wayne rooney sleeps sixteen hours a day, but then the opposite was that thatcher used to sleep maybe 4 or 5 hours a day. so basically he was saying evil geniuses sleep less because they've made a pact with the devil. but on the flip side bill clinton slept very little also and he wasn't evil. i don't think. was he?
i find napping works best when i fall asleep in a chair watching tv sitting upright. i feel drowsy and shit otherwise. although my current living arrangements don't make for good napping in chair things.

yeah i was going to mention this. apparently he used to have a tin plate in his lap and the spoon would hit off the plate and wake him up, and thus he'd remember his dreams and paint them.

i was actually talking about different amounts of sleep with my dad last night. he was saying that einstein used to sleep up to 20 hours a day during the peak of his genius. wayne rooney sleeps sixteen hours a day, but then the opposite was that thatcher used to sleep maybe 4 or 5 hours a day. so basically he was saying evil geniuses sleep less because they've made a pact with the devil. but on the flip side bill clinton slept very little also and he wasn't evil. i don't think. was he?
i find napping works best when i fall asleep in a chair watching tv sitting upright. i feel drowsy and shit otherwise. although my current living arrangements don't make for good napping in chair things.

Bill Clinton is just as evil as the next evil genius, he just concealed it better like a true genius. He's kinda like a wolf in sheeps clothing.

i find napping works best when i fall asleep in a chair watching tv sitting upright.

Ah yes, 'The Wheels' method. A difficult yet adorable approach to casual sleeping.

Sleep is great for the auld immune system. I used to sleep loads and was strong like big, lazy bull. Now i am weak like little weed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back